Mario64-Bomb-omb Battlefield (funk mix)

Gintokipianist

hey like most of my stuff its pretty close to the source id say its basically a remastering + 36.56% funk as you can see i played all parts myself apart from the bass which i wrote in midi (because my keyboard is fully weighted and the bass i wrote had a finger funk 16ths style so i couldnt get the speed on the keys so i played it in 50% speed to get the dynamics)

heres the source for anyone who doesnt know it.

and heres my version, let me know what you think about any aspect apart from my video editing skills :P which i know is piss poor :P

Hey, nice playing, I love this theme and you stayed very close to it which was nice to hear for nostalgia, but it's basically a straight cover so I don't really know what you want feedback on.

Is this going to turn into a more original arrangement or are you leaving it at that? I heard your piano playing in another thread and it was really good, so I'm sure you can jam along to this and come up with something that takes it up to the next level.

Also, is that you playing the drums as well, or did you just sequence them? Sounds extremely tight, so maybe loosen them up a bit and throw in a little breakbeat drum solo or something to break it up? Nice work so far though, just try and bring more of your own style to it.