OCR02247 - *YES* Final Fantasy 7 'Heavy Mako' *RESUB*

OceansAndrew

• 2 weeks later...

Much improved here, the balance is good, and by easing up on the compression it sounds way heavier while still keeping the tightness.

Second half is way improved, and really showcases your guitar chops, with some additional expansion and harmonies in the synth strings.

This is awesome. Great alterations, and you added a sick ending. Everything i'm looking for in a resub and then some.

Yes

• 5 weeks later...

This has always been one of my favorite sources from FFVII for some reason. Maybe because of how early it appeared in the game and how horribly exciting it all were...

Anyway, track sounds good! I wouldn't have distorted the bass as much as you did, low frequencies work better cleaner regardless of how heavy you want it. The guitars and playing sound good though! While the drum samples/sequencing aren't perfect, a bit stiff, they definitely get the job done. The choirs add a lot too!

The arrangement takes this relatively simple source places by really bringing it rhythmically. Definitely an interesting take on it. There could've been a bit more variations in harmony/melody but there's enough here to make it shine.

Nice job!

YES

Yikes, those guitars could kill an elephant. I think the balance could have better here, the melody and drums are so secondary to the backing guitars. In the 0:26 section, I wanted to hear the drums carry the song more, it ended up being more like a drone with some percussion over it. Apart from that, I couldn't find anything I didn't like with the song. The arrangement was really sweet, and I dug the brutal guitar tone, and the drum sounds used.

It's a toss-up whether to pass this or not since everything but the balance is clicking, but I think it will be enjoyed.

YES (borderline)