Gaming Music FM Podcast - Interview with Garry Schyman (BioShock, Dante's Inferno)

tweex

gmfm_small.jpg

Over at GamingUnion.net, we've started a podcast series called Gaming Music FM which I think might be right up OCR's alley. The podcast takes a soundtrack from one game and we discuss how well it works in different areas. We want to teach everyone, whether musically inclined or not, how to critcally listen to music in a game. We talk about 4 major criteria in a soundtrack and we even have what we call "The Wall of Groove" to decide what a soundtrack should be rated. We release the show every couple of weeks and I'll be sure to post them here!

Subscribe to Gaming Music FM on iTunes

RSS Feed

An exciting interview is what we have for you this time around as Brian sits down with Garry Schyman, the composer for BioShock and Dante's Inferno. Listen in to hear where Garry grew up, how he got into music, and his journey as a composer in the video game industry. In addition, Garry will be appearing at the Anaheim Comic Convention in a few days. Also, Garry’s music will be performed live on May 9th from his work on BioShock, Dante's Inferno, as well as the 2nd movement from his very own classical composition. Listen in to hear his story and how you can see him in person and hear his music live!

Past Episodes:

Gaming Music FM: Episode 1 - Final Fantasy XI

Gaming Music FM: Episode 2 - Gears of War

Gaming Music FM: Episode 3 - Super Mario 64 (feat. zircon)

Gaming Music FM: Episode 4 - Nier (feat. Chloe)

Gaming Music FM: Episode 5 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (feat. Chloe)

Gaming Music FM: Episode 6 - Katamari Damacy (feat. Level 99)

Gaming Music FM: Episode 7 - Final Fantasy 10 (feat. Sophia Tong, GameSpot)

Gaming Music FM: Episode 8 - Final Fantasy 13 (feat. sephfire)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It's like Stevo is assuming control of my iPod one show at a time.

I won't settle until I get to take over YOUR show, but yes, you've stumbled onto my ultimate plan: take over sephfire's ipod.

This was super-fun to be on and I can't wait to hear what other soundtracks/guests you get on it. Great format and awesomely professional entertainment from Tweex and Darryl.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...