Allow PS3 to access home network but not Internet

prophetik music

hey, everyone.

i'm trying to figure out how to set up my PS3 so that it's on my home network but not the internet. i've still got the 3.15 firmware on it, and i'd like to keep it that way for as long as possible without upgrading. however, i'd like to be able to still access my home media server over wireless without constantly getting nagging reminders to upgrade my firmware.

i'm fairly certain i can use a custom firewall rule to do this...but my DSL router from Frontier Communications is ancient, and their tech support didn't even know you could do something like that.

i've got a Gigaset SE567 wireless router/modem.

Assuming your ISP hasn't butchered the firmware, I know it can be done with the SE567 since I did it with mine. Don't have mine hooked up at the moment, was a pos so I requested a normal modem so I could use my own routher, but when I get home this afternoon, I will take a look at how I did it.

Assuming your ISP hasn't butchered the firmware, I know it can be done with the SE567 since I did it with mine. Don't have mine hooked up at the moment, was a pos so I requested a normal modem so I could use my own routher, but when I get home this afternoon, I will take a look at how I did it.

want me to enable remote connection and give you the info?

Totally forgot about this, sorry about that. Now, this all assumes that your ISP hasn't butchered the firmware or that my ISP hasn't moved these options around. First off you need to log into the modem, then under Internet>>Firewall>>Rules you add a new IP filter rule which is fairly straight forward. If not, pick a rule number that isn't in use, deny access on the outbound direction, any source interface, PS3 ip address = source address, source mask is whatever your network uses, then any destination address.