PRC183 - PRC starts again, season 8 (The Secret of Monkey Island)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 183

PRCv8-01

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Welcome to a new season of PRC, the eight year starts. Ichitootah was the winner of PRC181 and he won the right to select this years first source. Sggod89 was the only one who challenged him, but his good song wasn't good enough.

The ThaSauce page is now up, PRC182 has ended, click here to check the results.

PRC183.jpg

The Secret of Monkey Island (PC) - Ghost Ship Shuffle

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

MID

PRC181 was Bermuda Ship, now it's Ghost Ship Shuffle.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY NOVEMBER 29th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of PRC181, Ichitootah, can't take part, but he has a vote that counts twice.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. 2 entries are submitted.

To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to second. Leave the third box empty.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote. They aren't allowed to vote for themselve, but they receive an added first place and one extra point if they vote. This means it now does matter to vote, I changed this rule to make it attractive for remixers to vote in this situation as well.

You have until NEXT Thursday, December 2nd at 9:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC184 which starts Friday 3 December. JH Sounds, the winner of PRC182, also selected a source for this round.

The songs:

Showroom Dummy - Pixel Ape

Chickenwarlord - Toast Ship

It's results time.

The votes are in.

Chickenwarlord tried a cappella to win, but gets the last place wooden spoon with 2 points.

And Showroom Dummy wins with 3 points!

Congratulations Showroom Dummy. You won and may select the source for PRC184. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer PM @Ocremix) before Saturday, December 4th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before (it doesn't matter if the source has been remixed on PRC156 or PRC182). Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).