OCR02127 - Animal Crossing "Camrade"

djpretzel

Ohhh yeah. It's good to hear that people 'get' Animal Crossing music. There's some really catchy, melodic jingles crammed into it, and that fact alone led me to jump through a lot of hoops just to collect all those KK songs. Pain in the ass, but worth it.

The best thing about this mix, besides the fact that it's got smoking production, is that it captures the Animal Crossing vibe whilst also ramping up the listenability. The use of the signature game assets make sure you don't forget the mix's humble origins, which I love. The whistling is a super, super nice touch that was handled in all the right ways and is eerily complementary to the excellent guitar work.

As far as emphasising the strength of melody, this mix pulls out all the stops and ensures everyone can enjoy what Animal Crossing has to offer. I've gotta admit, I prefer this version to the KK version now; its the best of both worlds. Although when KK's unique vocals burrow into your psyche, you're a fan for life.

• 1 month later...

This sounds like it would come right off a Santana CD, especially in the intro. Liking the whistle and piano work here and this is a spicy little ReMix that I can stand behind. A little short, but adds to the charm here.

• 5 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02127 - Animal Crossing "Camrade"