Contact Information

Blue Magic
Damon Campbell
http://www.angelfire.com/blues2/bluemagic
Submission Information

Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)
Waterfalls/Cascade Capers
Original Song:

Comments: This mix is part of the DKC3 Double Trouble Soundtrack. I was really feeling the original when I first heard it. I was fortunate to have a couple of original songs that I felt could work very well with the Waterfall theme. So, I put them all together, and this is what I ended up with. I also worked with a few of my newer samples and VSTs to create a more unique style of music, compared to my previous works.
Many thanks to Emunator for including me in this awesome soundtrack and thank you all for taking the time to listen to my work.

The mix is posted on my webpage above.
----------------------------------

This is a very personalized version of the song, and I really enjoyed listening to this one. I liked the incorporation of original material; it fit in very well and added to the overall structure and feel of the track. The soundscape is nice, and the choice of instruments works well. The song does get a tad repetitious near the end.

There isn't much in the way of dynamic contrast, which would have been a nice addition, although it isn't overly missing out without too much change. Otherwise, production is pretty good.

Very laid back, like I'm relaxing at a beach with a waterfall nearby and a strawberry daiquiri on hand.
YES

Besides a little realism issues with the guitar (though it was still pretty decent overall), I was really feeling this track. It has a great vibe and some very detailed percussion. The piano and synth worked really well, there was nice panning, and the track flowed really nicely. Just a cool jam to chill to, and the pads give it a spacious feel.

The arrangement was decently expanded upon, and was connected logically, with good texture and transitions.

Overall really cool stuff. I dig.

Yes

• 2 months later...

Nobody's gonna mistake that guitar for a real one, but that's about the worst thing I can say here. The chill vibe is sweet and the expansion upon the original is very nice. I liked the light glitchy percussion, which gave this an X-factor that wasn't too obtrusive. The guitar was pretty clearly fake, but it was produced nicely and sounded pleasant. One small complaint I have is that the piano should be bassier and higher in the mix to give this more bottom. I'm cool taking what ya got.

YES

• 1 month later...