FLStudio 9.6 beta

Pitcher :D

Who me?

Yeah, haha. I haven't had the time to do any music at all in the last few months. I watched the 9.6 new features video and downloaded and installed it, but just barely got to play with the clips, maybe for 5 minutes. It's a pretty huge leap in some cases, and I am interested in hearing what other users think about it.

I think it's ridiculous that people are STILL complaining about patterns vs. clips and the "upsetting change in workflow".

I learned FL clips long before IL said pattern blocks were going away, so I don't care much for it. But to the people who are angry: they should've prepared for it.

Anyways, love the new GUI facelifts. The rounded oval notes make writing anything in the piano roll uber fun and being able to vertically resize and switch back to the normal piano roll is a plus. I do wish we could get note properties and vertical resizing for the original piano roll, though. :(

Great update, only problem is I've made cool stuff that might not be compatible with FL 10 according to the beta license agreement. xD

Is there a problem with having a piano roll?

I was being sarcastic. IL keeps removing or changing features for no discernible reason; it would not shock me greatly if they removed piano roll entirely.

I think it's ridiculous that people are STILL complaining about patterns vs. clips and the "upsetting change in workflow".

I learned FL clips long before IL said pattern blocks were going away, so I don't care much for it. But to the people who are angry: they should've prepared for it.

Yes, I'm one of those people. I prepared for it by refusing to update farther (once they've removed blocks, anyway), and disassembling the executable to hack non-shit colors back in (in progress, I'm lazy) since gol made that change based on one single idiot user's mistake. Whether you think it's ridiculous or not, I'm not going to shut up about it. Fuck gol.

On the plus side, blocks will remain through v10, so at least I got a little more for my money.

-steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was being sarcastic. IL keeps removing or changing features for no discernible reason; it would not shock me greatly if they removed piano roll entirely.

If they did that, I don't know if I would use FL Studio anymore, since I use the piano roll a lot. :(

If they did that, I don't know if I would use FL Studio anymore, since I use the piano roll a lot. :(

That's what people call an "understatement".

Would the pitcher/newtone be an extremely helpful thing for a newbie like me, or should I just hold off on it?

Buy the pitcher/newtone deal now. You won't see much of a use for it as a newbie, but down the road, you will probably find some use for it. Just look at newstuff.flp(the new one showcasing Pitcher). There are lots of cool effects that can be done with the two, and in live performances light pitcher effects can be really useful. Plus, you can pay about 15 dollars and get something that will be at least 100+ dollars later. I recommend picking it up just in case you find a use for it.

That's what people call an "understatement".

Buy the pitcher/newtone deal now. You won't see much of a use for it as a newbie, but down the road, you will probably find some use for it. Just look at newstuff.flp(the new one showcasing Pitcher). There are lots of cool effects that can be done with the two, and in live performances light pitcher effects can be really useful. Plus, you can pay about 15 dollars and get something that will be at least 100+ dollars later. I recommend picking it up just in case you find a use for it.

Woah, this thing would actually shoot up to 100?

Hell, why not then. Haha.

Woah, this thing would actually shoot up to 100?

Hell, why not then. Haha.

Just look at all of the other FL Studio plugins. You get 2 FL Studio plugins(the average cost ranges from 50 to 100 for each) for at the very least, 12 dollars. It's a pretty good deal, to say the least.

I just like the new visuals and resizable piano roll. I only started my music at FL Studio 7, but I can tell Image Line has really come a long way on FL Studio. I'm excited for 10, and hopefully if another Group Buy comes around next year I can save up for a license.

Some other neat stuff is the new mixer views and just the entire facelift of it in general. It's really streamlined but pretty.