OCR00584 - Final Fantasy VII "String Machine (Corel Prison Mix)"

orkybash

Final Fantasy VII 'String Machine (Corel Prison Mix)'

More quality stuff from FFmusic Dj. Some don't like his trancy style, so it may not be your cup of tea, but if you're into that kind of stuff (like I am) then go for it 'cause this is some of the best trance you'll find right here! Some people have complained about not being able to find what song was remixed. It does take a little while to jump into an FF7 song, but be patient and you'll be treated with a kick-ass rendition of the Corel Prison theme. Bottom line: I can listen to this for hours on end. Highly recommended.

• 3 weeks later...

10/10

style: trance

Although this is not a novel beginning tune, it's one of my favorites again, maybe cause it's final fantasy 7, or just cause it's an awesome catchy trance line. I think it's a must download, again a 10/10.

the melody kicks in later btw, incase you can't pin point the actual similarities, it's around 1:28

~dj carbunk1e

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This guy knows how to ReMix Final Fantasy. Using a trance style is awesome, and has me tapping my feet and nodding my head to the beats. I love this ReMix, especially this track. He chose a track that is easily overlooked, because you don't spend much time in Coral Prison or ever go back there.

Rating:

(5/5)

• 1 month later...

Awesome...like the true musical monkey-stomp it is, this tune knocks you to the ground and doesn't let you up until it's ready to let you up. It's like being kicked in the head and kidneys repeatedly....and I mean that in a good way! :?:lol:

Seriously, this tune takes a simple melody and dresses it up in a big goofy Dr. Seuss hat and baggy pants. Makes it a true dance tune that gets into your spine and makes your head and ass move in undeniable ways.

I'd like to say it's good driving music as well, but I'd probably just start running over people if I ever put this song on in the car. 8O

10/10 :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

now that I think about it, I didn't like this theme AS much *I love squaresoft music... all that can be said.. well that's a lie* as most other themes, but listening to this... I can only say... many things... FOR EXAMPLE!!!, kickass, sweeeeeet, I love this, I wish I knew how to burn cd's, I'm a total loser, why am I still talking? oh sorry got off topic there... sweeet mix though... sooo sweeeet.. *drools*

• 2 months later...

This is my favourite FFmusicdj track. Ironic, since I can't hear the original in here at all. I like the intro, and the part from 2.43 to 3.10 most, and the ending, from 3.38 puts a brilliant twist to the track.

All trance fans should like this one. Others will probably steer clear.

• 9 months later...

I love this song. Period! I love the section in the middle (aroiund 2:00 or so) that its just the synth and offbeat chords - its incredible. Yet again trance comes through as the best stuff on the sight. FF musicDJ is the best at this kind of stuff for FF7 - thats a final decision. I really like this! And the great bass does help too . . . when you're an evil snake-demon prophet, this kind of stuff really its great lol.

:twisted:

I've been listening to this mix for almost a year now. Everytime, it brings me back to playing FF7. I mean who ever thought that FF and trance would mix. FFMusic DJ has proved me wrong. THis is an awesome mix. Keep up the good work. I'll be waiting for your future submittions, if there will be any.

• 3 months later...

This is one of my favorite tracks on OCR. In the game I disliked this song but with this remix it's my favorite song from FFVII now, because the remix just takes it to a whole new level. It is perfect. This will be one song that I will always be able to listen to over and over.

I don't really like the updated version. It's better sounding, but doesn't sound better.

There's an extremely annoying hum at the beginning, the bass isn't nearly as deep as the original and to put it bluntly, it just isn't as loud. It sounds okay on my computer, but on my mp3 player, the flaws are immediately noticeable. Actualy, it almost sounds like I'm listening to it with plugged up ears

Out of all the remixes on this site, This is one of my utmost favorites... My opinion on the new one? I like the older one better. You compared the song to a string machine, and the newer one doesnt make me think of it nearly as much as the first one did. and by the way... it does sound like a string machine... or an embroidery machine... either one...

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00584 - Final Fantasy VII "String Machine (Corel Prison Mix)"