Age of Empires III Complete Collection is just $0.10

Flexstyle

Yes you do get a key. It's just hard to find (though I admit I haven't read any of the reports of missing keys). Here's some instructions to help find it:

Open Games for Windows Live.

Click on "Downloads" on the top bar (not the menu bar).

Click on "Full Games" in the left menu.

Click Age of Empires III

Click Install.

There should be information under Age of Empires III now. Find "View Game Key" and click it. Voila! There's your key.

Hope this helps.

P.S. you don't need to pay in MS points. I just used the credit card I had on file with my LIVE account and charged 10 cents directly.

That always confuses me. One time Blizzard was out of $15.00 game time codes in their online store. Makes me wonder how you run out of a digital product. But I guess there is a limit to the number of combinations in their algorithms.

My understanding is that the store (in this case Games For Windows Live) buys the keys from the publisher. If they only bought 40,000 (made-up number) and more than 40,000 people buy the game, then GFWL needs to buy more keys from the publisher. This happened about a year ago when Steam had Prey for $5 around Thanksgiving. It was the first time I had ever seen a digital download run out of keys.