OCRA-0019 - Teen Agent: The Root of All Evil

Brandon Strader

http://teenagent.ocremix.org

This album is an arrangement of the soundtrack by Radek Szamrej from the Polish adventure game, Teen Agent. Although the soundtrack is fairly short, there is a lot of diversity between each track, and the artists involved did their best to do justice to this great work.

I remember playing through Teen Agent as a kid, and I had fond memories of the game and its soundtrack. I decided to find some friends in the OverClocked ReMix community who would be interested in "modernizing" the soundtrack. We wanted to do the material justice and make it sound as good as possible while experimenting and expanding on these themes.

~Brandon Strader

P.S. Kindly destroy this note upon reading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanted to list the original track order for posterity, in case anyone wanted to hear the album in its original context because what you will download has 7 main and 7 bonus. Here was the original listing:

1. audio fidelity - i.n.t.r.o
2. bill cakes - Mark Hopper
3. superjoe - Celtic Wedding March
4. Brandon Strader - Trapped
5. Vampire Hunter Dan - A Village's Welcome
6. Brandon Strader - Lingering Lust
7. OCRE, Brandon Strader - A Mouse in the Hole (Radio Edit)
8. Brandon Strader, prophetik, Usa - Sax of Gold
9. superjoe - 100% Juice
10. Brandon Strader - I'm on a Boat
11. Flik - Memories Within the Walls
12. Brandon Strader - Of Darkness
13. OCRE - Army Base Infiltration
14. Vampire Hunter Dan - Lovers' Suite

I hope you all enjoy the album whichever way you listen to it!

A special thanks to everyone who helped make the album possible, the musicians, everyone who gave their support, JH, OCRE, analoq, superjoe, bill cakes, Flik, audio fidelity, Usa, prophetik, Vampire Hunter Dan... no particular order, just as the names pop into my head. An extra special thanks to djpretzel, Liontamer, and the jooj team. Shout out to Radek Szamrej for being cool with the album, making the original soundtrack, listening to our album, and sharing his kind words.

I would also like to add a thanks to Jose Felix

I was surprised to find it existed yesterday! :-P

Congratulations on the release to everyone involved. Glad to finally see this thing out.

Just a quick little note: I highly encourage listening to the source material (they're conveniently linked below the ReMix links on the site),

particularly before listening my Bonus track, so you get the full effect of the arrangement.

Thanks! I look forward to reading everyone's thoughts.

I think it's really a strange pick for making a project, I've NEVER heard about this game before, and I'm a fan of graphic adventures.

Anyway, if you guys think it has a soundtrack good enough, probably it has :) so I just started playing this game.

I'll listen the album as soon as I beat it, wich I think will happen soon...

Awesome to see this released! I will listen, and I will also try out the game some time. I heard a lot about it back in the day but haven't played it yet. MASSIVE props for making a project out of such an obscure game.. I always enjoy seeing the less known games get ReMixed.

One thought, now that this is out.. I wonder if there would be interest in the ScummVM community to make it possible to get these ReMixes to play in-game? That would be cool - a ReMix pack for the game itself!

--Eino

Sneaky good stuff. Digging the overall warm vibe of the album. VHD really brought the goods on his two tracks. This album kind of takes me back to Relics of Chozo, where a large portion of the tracks are made by one person but different folks step in and fill in thematic gaps.

It's charming in its simplicity and a good example of how less can be more. Cutting it down to seven tracks was probably a wise decision although there were some pretty cool tracks in the bonus section that would have fit well in the context of the main album. Well done folks.

Strader, are you directing any other projects yet? Any plans to start another project?

By the way, maybe I just like orchestral tracks, but something about Vampire Hunter Dan's "Lover's Suite" kind of does RPG royal weddings and ceremonies by the books. But again, that's "Lover's Suite", and you know what they say about violins and romance!

When OverClocked ReMix releases an album from a game I've never played, seen in action, or heard the music from, I just pick some tracks and listen to them.

Strader, are you directing any other projects yet? Any plans to start another project?

Hi. Yeah, I'm actually still doing the Final Fantasy 1 prog project which is supposed to be ending mid-December. Hope to bring that one to OC ReMix as well. :-) After that, I'm going to stick to small EPs of 7 to 10 tracks that I do personally. :3

VHD is an incredible musician with immense orchestrating skills.

I'd also like to note that the i.n.t.r.o. MP3 has a fault near the beginning that wasn't caught, it will hopefully be fixed soon -- I'm sure the staff is working quickly to fix that problem on the site and in the torrent, hehe.. :-)

Thank you all for listening to the album and enjoying it! I hope some of you have played the game too.. :-) It only takes a few hours if you have a guide.

Makes me happy to hear. :-)

People are playing the game and enjoying the music, mission accomplished. :-D

Yeah if OCR guys make an official project of a game soundtrack, well probably that game deserves to be played (or it has at least good music).

So I try to beat them all ^_^ the ones actually missing are:

Final Fantasy V

Xenogears

and *thunder* Final Fantasy VII

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Well. This is... interesting. Apparently, there is a remix album for Teen Agent. Nice.

For those who have a GOG account, Teen Agent is completely free off the site. At least, I think its the same Teen Agent. I assume it is. All I know is I definitely need to listen to this to make sure it is in fact the same game.

But know, if it is indeed the same Teen Agent, that the game is 100% free with GOG. Those interested in the game should go and get it off of GOG.