Steam Black Friday sales

Kenogu Labz

Damn. I was going to pick up Torchlight this morning before the deals switched over, but I didn't wake up until it was already gone. Maybe staying awake till I drop every night because I have nothing better to do with my life right now than game isn't such a good idea...

So tell me about Left 4 Dead 2. Having never played the first one, I have little to no idea what to expect. Also, do I need to play the first one, well, first?

In Left 4 Dead 2 you shoot fast moving infected style zombies, with an additional 8 that have special attacks. The game is divided into 8 campaigns spanning 3 to 5 maps each. You do not need to have played the first as the story is the same in both games. The characters and environments are different because the games take place in different areas of the country.

Environments include, a hotel, a mall, a carnival, a swamp with town, a town and sugar mill during a heavy rainstorm, an area around a vertical lift bridge (where you briefly meet the Left 4 Dead 1 characters), a city and hospital (campaign taken from Left 4 Dead 1), and an area leading to the previously mentioned vertical life bridge. The last 2 you actually play as the Left 4 Dead 1 characters.

You play one of 4 different survivors trying to get to a safe area. There are also team based versus style game modes that will allow you to play as one of 7 of the special type of infected against the 4 survivors, but you can't choose which you play as, and it changes every time you respawn. Versus modes swap you from survivors to infected at the end of a round. So you cannot play an entire game as just one or the other.

Scavenge is a versus style mode where the survivors collect gas cans with a limited amount of time. Survival is just the survivors trapped in an area to see how long they can survive.

Games can be well over an hour in length. Depending on game mode, difficulty, and campaign.

Anyone interested in getting together for Episodes of Liberty City 6-Pack? I have a couple friends who might be interested but that only makes three of us. It's just $7.50 per copy in the pack. I was thinking about just getting it if there are four people and trying to find some other people to sell the extras to later on.

I think Monday has deals as well.

So far its been an expensive steam sales... bought Audiosurf, Dawn of War 2 gold, and Torchlight.

By expensive I mean about 20$.

Now if they don't put Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition on sale (I bought it last week) then I win at Steam Black Friday Sale.

Oh God I so hope they do that. That's something I really mean to pick up as soon as I can get it for under $15.

I've been pretty fortunate with Steam Sales. Not really bought anything this year (I went nuts last year), and so far the only time I went "Aww, crap, I shoulda waited..." was when I finally gave in and bought COD4 for $30 since those games NEVER go on sale, and then *poof* the next week it was $15 for a day (like it is right now)

Patience and restraint are the key factors to win the Steam Sales game, methinks.

*edit*

Also, why is there not a link to http://store.steampowered.com/ nowhere in this thread? OP, shame on you. :P

Today's deals are pretty boring imo, though if you still need the orange box, there is that. Isn't not having the orange box kind of like not having internet access though?

That all said I am expecting tomorrow's deals to be more interesting, last day and all.

Mount and Blade: Warband is worth every penny.

I'm holding out for a Mafia 2 discount. :x

Well, it's not much, but there you go. Selling at 25% off for $37.49.

Also on sale (that Bahamut didn't mention): Metro 2033 and Aliens vs. Predator. Some fun stuff today I guess, but nothing that really wows me enough to buy. I really wish I had picked up Torchlight in time...