Super Metroid Remastered: An Album for Charity (Child's Play) - RELEASE PARTY TONIGHT! (December 15)

TenchuX

There is going to be a live album streamed listening party tonight at 8bitx.com, starting around 8:15 EST on Radio Free Gamer.

Come join us in the chat room then!

http://www.8bitx.com/ircchat.html

Howdy everyone!

I've redone the entire soundtrack to Super Metroid in an effort to help raise money for Child's Play (www.childsplaycharity.org).

So, what would Samus do? She'd help out a bunch of needy kids right?!

www.8bitx.com/supermetroid

The above URL is the MAIN SITE for this project. It's where the donation tab is location and where MP3's will be available (for free) on December 15th.

At the moment I'm uploading one new song a day on my YouTube (www.youtube.com/tenchuxmusic) in an effort to help build exposure for this project. I'm hopeful this tactic will increase the amount of money raised before releasing them all in MP3 format on the date listed above.

As of this posting it's been three days, so I've included the links to the three songs below. They are all going in order (in large part) of when you'd hear them during an actual play-through of the game. I tried to recreate a lot of the events that take place within the game during songs as well...be it a ship landing, alarms, eruptions, etc.

Opening Theme

Theme of Super Metroid

Boss Encounter Ridley + Escape

Please keep in mind that I'm not a professional musician. I'm not even on OCR (though I hope to be one day ^_^). This was all done from the heart. Not posting this for critique or anything like that. Just trying and help raise some money for the charity :)! I had some trepidation about making a thread for this, but I saw a few threads of personal albums/news and the like in the Community topic so I hope it's ok I do the same with this. Any donation amount is appreciated, even if it's $1 it adds up and will go a long way.

Thank you greatly for reading this, and I hope many of you will participate in this cause and enjoy the music. Even if you don't donate to this, or can't afford to right now, there's always a charity and people out there that could use some help :).

Happy Holidays!

Excellent stuff, and all for a great cause! As much as I love ocremixes, sometimes a "remastered" version is nice to listen to as well, especially for something as now "classic" as the Super Metroid soundtrack.

Looking forward to the rest, and I hope you get a lot of donations!

Man, if I didn't already donate a bunch during Loading Ready Run's Desert Bus thing I would totally donate with you too.

Nothing wrong with that at all. The end-goal is what truly matters =). Best suggestion to help out for those who have already donated would be to tweet this, share it with your gamer friends, etc, and perhaps they will donate.

Thanks for the kind words thus far.

The album has reached the half-way point on YouTube so I'm making this bump posting :).

Thus far the songs uploaded have been from the intro theme through the Kraid boss encounter (Kraid will be up in about an hour). Norfair, Maridia and more good stuff is still coming up!

Remember, this is to raise money for Child's Play so please donate if you can. Even if it's $1, it adds up. Donations have reached $200 on the dot, but I'm sure much more can be achieved :)!

Aside from answering anything in the thread I will make one more post on December 15th. That is when the album will be released in MP3 format.

Bump for justice and children!

I think the strengths in this album so far are actually the tracks you least expect great listenability from. Pre-boss, Mini-boss, and especially Norfair Hot Lava Area have been greatly improved from the originals, and they're nothing short of incredible now. The Samus theme is great too, and of course Maridia just like I thought <3! I can't wait to download this haha

I haven't listened to the music yet, but the website graphics are extremely large. Is there any chance you could shrink it down just a tiny bit?

EDIT: Just checked the source and the background image is a whopping 1800x1575. That's bigger than most monitors. Reducing it by a factor of 50% would be ideal.

This has actually been voiced by multiple others as well, and is now fixed in prep for the launch tomorrow.