Disney's Tangled

DarkeSword

I just got back from seeing Disney's Tangled earlier this evening.

I have to say, this is one of the finest Disney fairy tales I've seen in a very, very long time. It's quite honestly on the level of The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast, and a massive improvement over the disappointing Princess and the Frog.

The animation is jaw-droppingly beautiful, the songs were memorable, and most importantly, it was an extremely well told story, with actual character arcs and development and villains with motivations that made sense.

I said this earlier to my friends, but as soon as this movie started I was transfixed. I haven't felt this way about a Disney movie in a long time; I thought for sure that they just didn't know how to make a fairy tale anymore, but they proved me wrong.

Brilliant.

I just got back from seeing Disney's Tangled earlier this evening.

I have to say, this is one of the finest Disney fairy tales I've seen in a very, very long time. It's quite honestly on the level of The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast, and a massive improvement over the disappointing Princess and the Frog.

The animation is jaw-droppingly beautiful, the songs were memorable, and most importantly, it was an extremely well told story, with actual character arcs and development and villains with motivations that made sense.

I said this earlier to my friends, but as soon as this movie started I was transfixed. I haven't felt this way about a Disney movie in a long time; I thought for sure that they just didn't know how to make a fairy tale anymore, but they proved me wrong.

Brilliant.

It's interesting that you made reference to The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, because as soon as the movie started, for whatever reason, those were the two movies I thought of as well. I too thought the animation was great, I saw it in 3D and the effects were subtle and cool, and didn't come across as gimmicky. The place I noticed the 3D effect the most was after Rapunzel had her hair braided and had various things in her hair i.e. flowers, jewelery. The detail and the depth of field that it created was pretty cool. Let's hope this is a hint of things to come from Disney.

Saw this over Thanksgiving weekend. It really was amazing, This movie had heart, depth, convincing emotion, memorable villains and absolutely gorgeous visuals. Oh, and symbolism. I'd go into more, 'cause I like to talk about stuff, but I -really- recommend going to see this film.

Have to agree on this one, saw it last week and art and animation are absolutely gorgeous. The musical sections were a bit of surprise to me but I loved them, and the story was definitely a cut above some of the recent Disney fare. Definitely the strongest in-house Disney production in ages, and one I could see over and over again for the art design alone. I definitely hope they continue this trend, and that Glen Keane lends his hands to future 3D work.

he probably hates any cartoon that isn't secretly trying to overthrow the government

y'know, like ren and stimpy

Or is animated all wacky and constantly "expressive".

He also says hippies and Star Wars ruined everything....

Glad to at least see that Tangled got finished, I heard it had a very troubled production. Seems like every Disney that ever had problems (Aladdin, Emperor's New Groove) end up being good films.

Or is animated all wacky and constantly "expressive".

He also says hippies and Star Wars ruined everything....

Glad to at least see that Tangled got finished, I heard it had a very troubled production. Seems like every Disney that ever had problems (Aladdin, Emperor's New Groove) end up being good films.

Seems to be the same trend for Pixar (Toy Story 2, Ratatouille). But yeah, super glad to see that all the production problems for Tangled resulted in a success.