Disney's Tangled

DarkeSword

• 2 months later...

I finally got to saw this movie and it's every bit as amazing as Darkesword was saying it was. I'm probably gonna get it on the blue rays and watch it with family.

We also saw Princess and the Frog and I think apart from trying to be too urban and maybe a bit racist, it was ok. Not nearly as good as Tangled though.

Haven't seen it yet but I've heard only good things from the family. I love Mandy Moore's voice as well, so I've got some incentive there.

Beauty and the Beast is one of my all time favorite Disney productions so if people dare compare it to that then I'm sure I'll like it.

I LOVED this movie. Went to see it with my girlfriend twice. For those of you that weren't aware and are comparing it to the Little Mermaid, the similarities are because Glen Keane was the lead animator for Rapunzel. He was also the lead animator for Ariel, and the supervising animator for the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas and Tarzan. The man has a God given gift to put more emotion into a character than any person has a right to. Find any Disney movie with his name attached and I guarantee it was one of their finest. Add to that the fact that Alan Menken (Aladdin, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast) did the music... and you have near perfection. Aside from all that, the animation is nothing short of stunning. It easily rivals some of Pixar's finest work. The fluidity, the detail, the physics, the lighting... everything is spot on. This movie was a throwback to the glory days of Disney in the late 80's and early 90's. The music was so good that my gf and I decided to use the song from the lantern ceremony (The one they both sang) in our wedding. This movie has that intangible HEART we so want to see in animated movies and so rarely get anymore, and all I can say is I REALLY hope to see more of this from Disney.

So it really is on the level of Mermaid, Beast and Aladdin? I have to see it then. Those are the holy trinity of Disney movies as far as I'm concerned. I think only Snow White, Pinocchio and Sleeping Beauty are the other Disney films on the same keel. Maybe Alice in Wonderland.

I love some me some Pixar, but the greatest tragedy of CG taking over the mainstream was the seeming death of the classic fairytale. But if Tangled is bringing it back, then that's a pretty amazing thing.

Kinda reminds me of the death (pretty much) and resurrection of the 2D fighter.

But seriously, I'm going to have to see Tangled now.

So it really is on the level of Mermaid, Beast and Aladdin? I have to see it then. Those are the holy trinity of Disney movies as far as I'm concerned. I think only Snow White, Pinocchio and Sleeping Beauty are the other Disney films on the same keel. Maybe Alice in Wonderland.

The Lion King is the King of disney films for me (no pun intended)

I gotta say, this film looks pretty funny, might go and see it if I can :)

Just saw it tonight and I would say you guys didn't over hype it any. It was really great. I would say also that "Aladdin" and "Beauty and the Beast" have better soundtracks in my opinion, but "Tangled" is funny, fun, and heartwarming, etc.

It's definitely an instant favorite.

Tangle dis indeed amazing and i would recommend it to anyway, i Found it Hilarious - and in my opinion its the best Disney film since The Lion King.

my Favorite part is the Kingdom Dance cause I like Celtic Music and it fit very well

I will be buying this on 4 disc combo pack on day one (Mar. 29th) just cause it think its worth it...... now i would just need the #d tv and all that other fancy crap for the 3D disc... but figured for the extra $5 its worth it to get it

So what's everybody's FAVORITE PART and FAVORITE SONG/MUSICAL MOMENT?

My favorite part is when Rapunzel and Flynn are in the city and there's a small moment of them in a doorway eating cupcakes. This is my favorite part because I'm a 14 year old girl.

My favorite song is Mother Knows Best. Best villain song since Be Prepared, with a bit of a Poor Unfortunate Souls vibe to it. Also it helps that Donna Murphy's voice is utterly brilliant. Sit down and listen to her performance in both the first version and the reprise (which takes the song up to an entirely different level); you will be blown away at how good she is.

That being said, my favorite musical moment is when Rapunzel sings her When Will My Life Begin reprise, specifically when she finally leaves the tower and touches the solid ground for the very first time. There is something in Mandy Moore's voice that gives me goosebumps when she sings, "Just smell the grass, the dirt, just like I dreamed they'd beeeeee~" and then Menken brings out the strings and winds with that crescendo and I'm like "damn Menken why you gotta be like that?"

I pre-ordered this movie ages ago, why isn't it out yet?

This part is awesome. I wish the dance would have been a little longer.

yeah for sure i liked this part of the movie so much - i put this little video together:

and as for loving Tangled as much as i did.... i also put this together:

So what's everybody's FAVORITE PART and FAVORITE SONG/MUSICAL MOMENT?

I pre-ordered this movie ages ago, why isn't it out yet?

It's in my shopping cart at Amazon. :-P It comes out on March 29th :-D

My favorite part... Has to be when they're in the boat surrounded by lanterns, including the musical bit there, the duet or whatever. Getting to hear Chuck sing. He's actually pretty good. :-P

Second video is nicely timed. Good job.

Thanks! - i took alot more time with the second one then the first one, but the first one there wasn't much editing to do - was just to "time" it more with the dance then the rest of it.... but due to limited content i couldn't time it as well as i would have liked too.

but yeah, thanks again guys - glad you enjoyed at least 1 of the vids :P