OCR02135 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Transient Shadows"

djpretzel

I found it amusing when WillRock told me earlier that people jumped on him for a perceived wrong note that bothered some people, although it didn't bother either of us (and of course he liked it).

But more relevantly, this is a well done song, albeit short. It has a snazzy feel to it which is something I'd consider almost trademark WillRock.

Starts out with a very space-y synth, but I can't say I'm much of a fan of the lead synth coming in at 0:26; I find it rather annoying. The synth taking over the lead at 0:46 is much more to my liking; has a sound somewhere between an 80's synth and something you'd hear in a 16-bit game. Much better. And finally, I'm on the fence about the synth solo starting around 2:10. Don't get me wrong, the way it's used is great, but the sound of it barely manages to stay on this side of the borderline between good and piercing/annoying.

I guess some of the sound choices just aren't my cup of tea.

• 1 month later...

Loooooove this O_O

The lead at :26 somehow fits perfectly to me. I really think you pulled off using a cheesy, awful sample in a way that somehow made it badass. Some people I've shared this with hate the intentional use of cheesy samples, but they were used so intelligently and the patterns are anything but simple...

Screw them, this is fantastic.

• 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02135 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Transient Shadows"