OCR02395 - *YES* Wild Arms 'to be loved is to love'

DragonAvenger

I LOVE what you did to this source. There is a ton of personalization, and the subtle mood shift from the original really adds a lot to this. The sound choices are chosen very well, and I found myself grinning while listening to this.

I do have a couple of complaints. The second half feels a little repetitious to me, kind of like the wow factor faded a little bit. I would have liked you to change things up a little bit, or maybe add a counter melody. The ending also felt a little weak overall.

Despite the complaints, I am comfortable passing this, and really enjoyed listening!

YES

Very pretty source, excellent selection.

The arrangement is gorgeous as well, holy shit, dude. Great comping, interesting and tasteful drum rhythms, and a really pleasant synth lead, with some incredible expansion. This is really classy and restrained work, but upbeat and fun at the same time. I know you've hung around the IRC crew for a bit, and done some compos, but why the hell did you wait so long to start subbing? This is really mature sounding work.

Just so this isn't all ass-pats, I am trying to find something to complain about this, or some nits to pick, but all I got is that I think it ended far too soon. I'd have loved to hear another time through the head, or some more, maybe a bridge, but there's something to be said for leaving your audience wanting more.

Fantastic.

Yes

• 2 months later...

This is pretty loose on the melodies, but with the chords intact for the body of the song and some references sprinkled here and there, I thought this arrangement was ok. Wouldn't have minded a little more reference to the source. The thing I liked most here was the rhythm, this had a great, breezy swing to it. The drumloops, the piano, the bass, and the synth really locked in step without sounding rigid.

I have to say, I didn't understand the point of the intro, except to add length. It was pretty tacked on, didn't fit the larger song. As for as production, the piano could have been a touch brighter, but what's here sounds great when the synth comes in. Nice job!

YES

• 1 month later...

You know I love you melody and this is why. Ace performance and soul here! Like has been pointed out it's a little loosely connected to the source but not enough for it to be a big problem in my opinion. The track's quite loud though, be careful with that! I think I can even hear some clipping, particularly in the left ear... It's nothing VERY noticeable but 01:30 it's quite clear for example. Lower your volumes in the mixer (don't exceed 0dB!) before you send it to the mastering compressor/EQ/limiter. No need to push the track this hard when it's such a smooth vibe.

I personally would like to see the mastering and clipping fixed before we pass this.

YES(conditional)

Anosou:

unfortunately i lost all my work in reason so anything i've made before this february is gone for good. blind also did the mastering so it's possible he still has the original mp3, but from what you're saying the clipping is coming from the mixing? i can try to remake it in fl if it's a big deal, it'll take a bit of work though.
spent the last night reproducing everything in fl studio. hopefully all the production concerns have been addressed.

http://tindeck.com/listen/nsie

He did it just for YOU. Please listen and comment.

• 2 weeks later...
[13:30:35] <melody> hey shariq

[13:30:41] <DarkeSword> hay

[13:30:44] <DarkeSword> wats ^

[13:30:52] <melody> not much

[13:30:54] <melody> just wanted to let you know my name and "to be loved is to love" are lowercased

[13:30:59] <melody> haha

[13:31:07] <DarkeSword> ko

[13:31:13] <melody> thanks

FYI the title of this mix needs to be all lowercase. Adjust tags as necessary.