OCR00515 - Little Nemo "Goodnight, Little Nemo"

orkybash

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I couldn't believe the limited responses and limited happiness over this track. I guess the game was too obscure. Well, I loved the game and I love this remix. Jazzflight deserves much respect for it. It's my favorite remix from this site so far. The composer takes 20 seconds of music and just builds on it tremendously. While half the stuff I find on here seems to be copies of the original music just technoed (no offense to anyone), Jazzflight actually creates original tune for this to add on and make great. I love the robotic voice at the beginning. It makes me think of a beginning adventure and gets me excited to hear the song all over again each time.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I absolutely loved this mix. I only wish there were more Nemo remixes to please my ears, for it was and still is my favorite game of all time. There still is nothing like the amazing world that Capcom and Winsor McCay created. Those giant mushrooms, powerful animals, bizarre enemies just the entire amazing landscape captured me at a young age, and impressed me much more than any Mario game. After all, I just replayed this game a few days ago. I am long tired of SMB games. The intro to this song kind of annoys me, but the rest is pure brilliance. The fade out, to me is the absolute best part. I can't imagine a better fade out than the gradual decompisition of the different elements.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I loved Little Nemo as a kid, even though I could only beat it once. In my opinion, all the LN Remixes are great. This one may not be that catchy, but I felt like it fit in with the story-telling spirit of the game (hence the voice). I was inspired by these tunes to play the game again (and beat it) and to read the original comics by Winsor McCay (check your library system).

Go Jazzflight!

• 9 months later...

I, like many others, hate the intro to this. It brings things into a realm that is just so wrong for where the rest of the mix goes. If it was breakneck drum and bass stuff, maybe. But it's like oil to water with the hooky simpicity that follows.

Once the intro is a memory, things get very sweet very fast. Even though the samples are dire, I do like how everything comes together. And I really think the source has been arranged quite beautifully. It most definately redeems the opening narration for me.

Good choices and bad choices abound in this one. Glad to say the blemishes get flushed out early on, leaving a lot to enjoy afterwards.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00515 - Little Nemo "Goodnight, Little Nemo"