OCR01272 - Donkey Kong Country "Thrash the Plank"

djpretzel

I was able to hear this song out of the Kong in Concert album where it was combined with "Pirate Prelude" this version of the Gangplank Gallon boss music is incrdible with the heavy metal guitar and rocking drums. When hearing this with the Kong in Concert my only complaint was that the drums didn't sound right with the exit of the piano from the first song. But it is a very fast-paced and energetic song. Excellent work!

• 8 months later...

Very very clean percussion. In a rock piece, I usually don't find myself drawn to the drums, but am instead drawn to the thickness of electric guitar chords, but this song draws me to the percussion like it did a few of the other people posting reviews about "Thrash the Plank," and that says something. I also think that the guitar parts were well done. Kudos.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Snapple definitely pulls off the DKC feel with the initial toms to start things off. Pretty straight-forward quality metal - not my favorite genre (as I've posted before), but I can appreciate it. This is quality production and playing, though I think you can also tell that he's improved quite a bit since this remix. Specifically, I would've liked the leads to have a bit more power and edge behind them. Anyway, overall good stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I really liked how the intro was semi-deceiving about the true nature of this track. It was all down low percussion and Wham-o, guitars.

I agree with previous sentiments that this is just straight up metal, and while I can't shake the feeling that this is a little generic and repetitive, I still like it.

In the end, it's not too bad, and I would still recommend checking it out.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01272 - Donkey Kong Country "Thrash the Plank"