Resident Evil 5: Winds of Madness

Laurieyuken

This is Wesker's theme from Resident Evil 5. It's a very good piece of orchestral music, although most if it isn't incredibly melodic save for that main recurring line (which is incidentally all I was interested in remixing). As such, the remix is in no way full (nor of any particularly high quality), with me only intending on remixing the main melody line and adding the half-composed intro as an afterthought. To be honest, the only reason I'm posting this is to make a start to a body of work here and kinda introduce myself to the community. I don't really intend on touching this remix ever again, so while it's by no means a complete remix, I'm listing it as finished.

All done in the fruity loops piano roll interface, all notes picked out by ear.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14014916/madness.mp3

I have to say, not bad. Not bad at all.

Thanks, man! It's always hard to tell how good your remix is when you've spent so much time mindlessly working on it -- it becomes hard to be able to listen to the piece and take it at face value because your head just picks it apart. Your comment is very validating.

I know what you mean- i have whole folders full of unfinished projects just because I can't find any good face-value with them...

Maybe if I just posted them up, I could get some guidance with them. :-|

Yeah, I know the feeling. I've got tons of unfinished save files that just consist of a little bassline

Haha thanks for the nice words guys, but the main reason I didn't make the remix complete is because it's a long track, and most all of it apart from what I actually did remix isn't very melodic at all; it's basically just fast-tempo minor ambience--mood music, if you will. I could (and may at some point) make a full mix, I'm just saying it won't be very fun or interesting to listen to -- I had to change the intro enough in order for it to be meaningful after all.

• 2 weeks later...