Need Mixing help

I made a cover of Rush's Subdivisions a while back and this is an improvement over my last video.

I have a better performance down, but I think my mix needs work. I don't know anything about mixing really and I was mostly In the dark.

I still have all of the individual tracks down as separate files if anyone wants to take a stab at it.

Dunno what you're using to put everything together, but if you have that kind of control over it, start by editing the volumes (use some professionally mixed songs for reference for how loud tracks should be in relation to the other tracks, eg how loud the bass should be compared to drums, how loud lead synth compared to rhythm guitars, etc).

Then do the same with EQ, listen for what frequency range different instruments are the strongest in and edit your tracks' EQ accordingly. You should be able to improve it a lot with just these two techniques.

Dunno what you're using to put everything together, but if you have that kind of control over it, start by editing the volumes (use some professionally mixed songs for reference for how loud tracks should be in relation to the other tracks, eg how loud the bass should be compared to drums, how loud lead synth compared to rhythm guitars, etc).

Then do the same with EQ, listen for what frequency range different instruments are the strongest in and edit your tracks' EQ accordingly. You should be able to improve it a lot with just these two techniques.

Thanks for the help man. I personally am just getting accustomed to Cubase, I used to use Soundforge, but Cubase integrates with my keyboard so thats what Im gonna start using.

post some of your tracks mp3 and maybe we can help you with Eq'ing some of them!

Terrible idea. He shouldn't be mastering a badly (no offense to OP, sowwie) mixed song, EQ of all things. EQ on a master doesn't do anything to help balancing and if someone uses EQ to attempt to balance it's gonna sound fugly.

EDIT: Unless you meant EQ'ing the individual instruments.

Terrible idea. He shouldn't be mastering a badly (no offense to OP, sowwie) mixed song, EQ of all things. EQ on a master doesn't do anything to help balancing and if someone uses EQ to attempt to balance it's gonna sound fugly.

EDIT: Unless you meant EQ'ing the individual instruments.

yes thats what i ment :P and help him to see how his over all mixing is :o

post some of your tracks mp3 and maybe we can help you with Eq'ing some of them!

I have them all as sepearte Wav files which takes an assload of space. But I can covert them to MP2, or maybe see if a zip file will drop the size any (I prefer wavs for obvious reasons).

I can't do it right awat, but I'll have them ready by the end of the week.

I have them all as sepearte Wav files which takes an assload of space. But I can covert them to MP2, or maybe see if a zip file will drop the size any (I prefer wavs for obvious reasons).

I can't do it right awat, but I'll have them ready by the end of the week.

www.soundcloud.com , upload wav files in a flash.... well any audio file :o GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111!!!1!