OCR01274 - Chrono Trigger "The Frontier"

djpretzel

Computer? I don't believe it. Unless you talking about engineering. 8O

Hear a remix of one of the best orchestral tracks for SNES getting better will always be a pleasure. The square staff certanly will producer a track close to this if they had 1.5 of RAM.

Latin Grammy, yeah, this guy deserve it. But I believe that he is far beyond this point. :lol:

My word, this song is amazing!

Jared you really have a fantastic grasp of how to arrange for an orchestra well, and the quality of your samples is as good as you can get without cramming a whole orchestra into your desktop (there isn't something you're not telling us is there?)

One of my favourite bits has to be right near the start where the theme comes in, it's just so like the way one of John Williams' wild west arrangements starts.

Fantasticular

This song really reminds me of John Williams' music. Just the way transitions are obvious, yet decieving as recurring themes keep popping their heads up. This song is verry good. I love the use of backup percussion as a lead perc. instrument. Play this to you're music teacher. 3:58-4:18 is my favorite part.

Ahh, this song has finally made it to this site. I've been loving this song ever since I heard a short clip from it when it was still a WIP at the Northern Sounds boards. Normally when I listen an orchestral song, I can find something about it that I don't like (sample quality, sample usage, arrangement, dynamics, ect.) but when I heard this song, it was pretty much as close to perfect as a song could get for me (aside from the fact that it ends). Great Job.

This song really reminds me of John Williams' music.

I thought the same thing :). I downloaded this back in October on vgmix, and I still can't stop listening to it. Everytime I hear it, I have to play it at least twice. I've already reccommended it to a lot of my friends, which is something that I rarely do with any kind of music. This really is the mix that all orchestral arrangements should stive to be like. Simply beautiful.

I give it a 10 out of 10ish.

Actually, I would assign this mix to sounding more like Aaron Copeland instead of John Williams (Williams has probably gotten a lot of inspiration from Copeland anyway). I mean EXACTLY like Aaron Copeland. He loved making the orchestra do tripilets and the xylophone stuff, while big brassy melody plays on. It's perfect! For those that don't know he wrote the famous song they use in those "Beef: It's what's for dinner" commercials. Anyway, great all around. Since I'm a big Copeland fan, I'm not complaining in the slightest!!

A great theme, and well covered here. It does sound like something could possibly be in the Super Smash Bro. games.

- I thought the main line in areas was kinda quiet at points, but everything just progressed nicely without anything overpowering each other.

I happen to be going to a Wind Ensemble Concert in just a bit, so this set me in the mood :wink:

nice mellenial fair nearing the end. great work

Ok, it's me or my headphones are crapping out on me. The levels seem off, especially the booming timpanis and the pizzicatto strings as they are just taking a toll on them. I don't know if it is my headphones byt just playing with the volumes just doesn't help. I certainly don't think it's the samples nor the stereo panning, just the levels at which everything are set.

Time to go listen to some more orchestral pieces on these headphones and I'll get back to you all.

I disagree it being John Williams-ish. Very much NOT so.. Seems like any orchestral sound is instantly linked to John Williams :roll: ...

Not my favorite JH remix, but great samples, pretty creative arrangement as well, but I was hoping for some more *sweeping* parts with brass/string chorales holding the melody for an extended period to give it a more uplifting shape. Now THAT would be John Williams.

Regardless, good work.

Heh, that reminds me..

My sister, a longtime musician and composer who graduated Princeton having studied music (along with Russian), had asked me to do some mastering work for her on some of her recordings. As I finished one, I said I was going to test its final volume level compared to some other orchestral music, and I picked this remix out. Keep in mind she is someone who has studied music for about two decades now, in-depth. About 10 seconds into the mix, she asked me "Is this Williams?" :D

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01274 - Chrono Trigger "The Frontier"