OCR01274 - Chrono Trigger "The Frontier"

djpretzel

1:42 - 3:16 - Awesome original composition here, and that's just one part of the track.

You could take the noticable CT stuff out of the picture completely and this arrangement would still shine as an excellent piece of music.

When accounting for everything that's present here, this becomes one of the small percent of orchestrated songs I really like (I have tough standards).

Jared, this kicks ass. :D

I've had it up to here with unoriginal CT mixes, so I was a little tentative downloading this, but those opening notes were sure a pleasant surprise! And - surprise! - I liked the rest of it, too. I really like that you didn't bring in an obvious direct port of the game melody until later, at the climax of the piece. Good effect. Very American-orchestral style, especially on percussion use.

• 2 months later...
I love this song. It definitely captured a feeling of exploration, like soaring around and looking at stuff from real real high. Like, from a plane or airship of some sort. Very cinematic feeling to it.
This is really all I had to say. It really does feel like you're flying around the world in Epoch, looking at all the things from above, so tiny at that height.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I posted a review of this nearly a year and a half ago, and I gotta say, the novelty of this song still hasn't worn off. If I got stuck on a desert island and could only bring with me a CD of 10 remixes, this would still be one of the first ones to go on the disc.

• 2 years later...

I've loved this remix from the time it was posted and still going. I love the 'frontier' sound, like one of the old frontier movies. It's fantastic, and one of the more original CT mixes on the site. Please download this if you love old Western movies, and even if you don't, it's an amazing remix in it's own right, something I never get tired of listening to.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

This is one of my favorite, if not my favorite, Chrono Trigger remix. I love it so much I could listen to it on repeat all day! The beginning reminds me of something from Disney World. The attention to detail and quality is incredible, it is like it is performed live. The mixture of instruments is also perfect in my opinion.

It is crazy to think this is back from 2004 considering how high quality it is compared to some others from around then.

Jared where are you?! This can't be your final remix!!!!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01274 - Chrono Trigger "The Frontier"