OCR02137 - Final Fantasy X "Rondo Sanctuary"

djpretzel

...even pimp "HIT IT!" vocal FX.

Completely forgot to mention the fact that the *pimp* vocal FX were recorded by myself. Not sure how audible it is on everyone's setup, but there's some beat-boxing sprinkled on the mix, as well.

really cool, and lol, Rondo is one of my favorite players in the NBA

Mission accomplished! :)

and named after one of my favorite ballers?!

epic fail.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rondo

decent song but not really my thing. Reminds me too much of menu music from something like a racing game. Would fit right into gran turismo 5 though.

going to go compare to the source more thoughts to be edited in later.

A very sweet groove. It got my toes tapping. I really love the source tune, and it's really cool to hear such a different take on it. Although, I think it should have been made a little more latin or something of the like. Not because of style, but because I'm cold and could use some warmer music than ice levels. ^_~ That aside, it's really a good remix. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

The choice of sounds, the "Hit it", the "ha-ha"...if Warren G walked around the corner and told me to regulate, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

But there's more; the sweet guitar around 1:00, the beautiful piano (particularly around 3:30)...there's just so much to love about this remix.

Definitely some of JM's best work, and considering that all of his work is damned good, that means a lot.

I've listened to several different takes on the source and it never ceases to amaze me how flexible it is, and what JM has done here is outstanding.

This has more of a coffeehouse vibe, especially that piano, than his other work here on OCR, imho. All I know is that I would want this playing in the background of my favorite bookstore. :-D

I totally agree that this is some of Morse's finest work yet.

• 1 year later...

Groovy and chill(y), this has an awesome beat that just brings out the energy in me. Not exactly the kind of beat that makes me want to dance, but it does get my attention very well. The vocal interjections were pretty cool, and overall this ReMix is just too smooth. Like fresh ice. Morse nails it again.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02137 - Final Fantasy X "Rondo Sanctuary"