OCR02138 - NiGHTS into dreams... "The Polar Express"

djpretzel

O_O I've spent the whole day getting Final WAVs for the NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming project, and I just happen to get lucky enough to get another NiGHTS mix as a regular mixpost for Ice Level day? KICKASS!

DCT, this is smooth. I mean real smooth. This is finger-snapping, chilling by the fire on a frosty night smooth. And you took great care with the source, leaving the majority of it intact and just taking the elements and expanding on them. It is indeed a very warm and welcoming mix, as DJP stated. This is something that will melt your cares away this winter.

Awesome mix, and any NiGHTS love is good loving. Thoroughly enjoyed!

I'm really excited to be seeing more DCT. I loved his Mega Man X5 remix a lot, and had worried it'd be the last we'd see of him for awhile like last time. Have some Maker's Mark and Coke in me at the moment and this is a nice accompaniment to the warmth. Hope to see more posts from you in 2011, DCT, loving the piano stuff.

Nice. REAL nice. I'm a total whore for anything NiGHTS, and I just finished my tracks for Lucid Dreaming, so you have no idea how great the timing of this release really is. Totally, pardon the pun, chill (XD), and sexy as hell. 'Take the Snow Train' was always one of my favourite tracks from the OST, so yeah.

This is incredibly relaxing, production is as clean as all get up, and it just happens to completely accomodate the state of mind I'm in right at this point in time.

Great, great stuff man.

This arrangement is deceptively simple, so the groove and the vibe really carries this song. Honestly, when you're going for this kind of chillout feel, you don't need to go all-out with the instrumentation. I do feel like the piano is a little weak and could use some more tightening on the humanization level, but that's a minor quibble that doesn't interfere with my enjoyment of the song at the end of the day.

This one's gonna be getting a lot of airplay on my end this holiday season, I love what you did! :-D

Holy holy holy crud, I have been waiting SO LONG for a NiGHTS remix that wasn't of Gate of your Dreams (or... think there was one other one, but I didn't like it for some reason? Eh, I'll have to re-check)! I fell in love with Frozen Bell when I first heard it on the demo disc that came with our Saturn, and the full game itself and its entire soundtrack has been among my top 3 for years.

This remix totally does it justice, too. It stays close enough to the source to make it just as enjoyable, but adds a real mellow twist to it. Instant download, instant favorite. Thank you SO MUCH for remixing this AND for putting it up on the site, you guys! <3

• 2 weeks later...

This has a nice, airy, snowy, laid back atmosphere; it really strongly evokes a nice image of a vast, pristine snowfield. The echoing sleigh bells and snaps really do add a lot to this mix; especially like djp said, the contrast between the clarity of the beats versus the muted synths really make this fun to listen to. My only issue with this is that the beats are just a little too loud/prominent and overshadow the melody slightly (or the melody is too quiet, same difference). Other than that this is just good music

*puts on sunglasses*

to chill out to.

• 1 year later...

This is a perfect track for Ice Day, and really, what more can you ask for with light, whimsical themes than NiGHTS? This really could be used for a wide overhead view of the polar express or just a vast winter wonderland at night. So smooth and calming, and a nice melody along with it. Terrific.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02138 - NiGHTS into dreams... "The Polar Express"