Who else Would've Loved a 4th Black mages Album?

TGON

I know I do, I Would've liked for them to Remix these tracks:

Final fantasy IV Battle 2:

Final fantasy VII Birth of a God:

Final Fantasy VII Let the Battles Begin!:

Fina Fantasy VI The fierce battle:

Final Fantasy IX Battle 2:

Final fantasy V The desicive battle:

Final Fantasy IV The red Wings:

What other tracks would you have liked?

I think that their last album was pathetic, and they were heading rapidly downhill. Too much focus on awful vocals, not enough on the polish and rawk that used to seperate them from amateurs like me :P.

Black mages I was incredible though, one of the best vg albums ever.

Exactly Exactly. Absolutely killer guitar tones on Black Mages I, oh man.

Matoya's cave is the only track on either of the other albums that I listen to anymore.

Black Mages 1 was a very solid album. Not the best thing I ever heard - still very good tones. I am just careful not to hype the Uematsu component - which is, alas, what alot of people do.

Black Mages 2 didn't have the same factor of interest to me. Standing out is definately Matoya's Cave.

Never heard the third album and after reading the posts I think I shouldn't ;)

The first album was full of professional polish. Solid sound. The second one had a decent setlist and production. The third album really is where they fell apart. The problem there was leaving each band member in charge of writing and producing specific tracks, left the whole thing unfocused and tacky. Still, there are a couple of tracks on the third album I loved.

If they returned to the merits of the first album, I'd love to hear a fourth. They certainly have plenty of good tracks to choose from.

Sorry but:

...who needs a bass player when you have that monster sound.

Sorry but:

NEIN!!! Having a nice gritty bass tone there would have really filled out the lower half of the soundscape with some great grit.

I concede for the most part though it sounds heavy, but the lack of real bass guitar still weighs heavily on my mind.

Oh well at least they got a real bass player before they completely lost it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4mSS_gj2Vk

If the 4th album would have been as sweet as the first or second, I'd have been all for it. But if the Black Mages aren't feeling it I think no album is better than another like the third.

I like some of the third, but feel that overall it pales so very much to its predecessors.

There are a few tracks that I'd still like to hear them do (FFVI's Fierce Battle comes to mind), though I'm not sure that will ever happen. I'd agree that the first album was the best, but the second was pretty good as far as I was concerned as well. I honestly can't say I have a huge problem with their 3rd album either, some of the tracks I'll admit I'm kinda neutral at best on, but I am a sucker for anything related to the FFVI Opera, and I also really liked their renditions of Neo Exdeath, FFIII's Final Battle, and Distant Worlds.

So since I'm clearly not as picky as most people, I can use that logic to say that yes, I would probably enjoy a 4th album, whether or not it happens I'm not holding my breath.

I think that their last album was pathetic, and they were heading rapidly downhill.

Should have ended the thread.

Used to think their first was decent enough, but then I listened to more remixes. Their first - and even their second - album wasn't bad, but they never lived up to the hype, and every track on their albums pales in comparison to at least one other mix.

Not worth bunching the panties.