OCR01275 - Front Mission "Infinite Natalie"

djpretzel

Wow...a very interesting composition...it sways this way and that, making the song have a flowing feel to it. The drums at certains parts and the chromatic scales of the horn (if you can call it that) are also very intriguing...This song gives me a feeling of flying, but as if I was very troubled by something, trying to make up my mind on what to do.

Very well done.

My god only two reviews for this post?

Well I gotta say this is something I take a liking too expressively. It's nice to see a song that doesn't throw in new instruments all over the place and do many interesting things to keep the listener at it's best.

There were times (my jsut be my headphones) where yeah some of the woodwinds would shrill and screech my ears, but that okay because i love woodwind and if you love it you dont care if it hurts you (haha man, im bad with this).

The end was rather sudden, but then again it was probably appropriate.

But the rest of the song was just great, the use of strings was nice. Not much else to say really but good job.

Quite different from this artists most recent mix from FF9, it kind of caught me off guard, but with good intent.

This song really brings a sort of Cinderella, A Sword in the Stone, fairy tale epic type feel. The main rhythm in this song is very this way and that, like said before, and is very interesting. The drums really set the piece in place with their straight forward, subtle, intimidating beat.

I like it. Its a bit slow for my tastes though (I guess im too used to the more Faster music in Frontmissions. And yes i still have it.its not a wonder we have frontmission 4)

What i would personaly love (And i hope the rest of you would agree) is to have someone remix the Final Boss Organ music.

Other than that. Im definatly putting this peice into my easy listening Folder.

Wow. if you put it into a loop, you cant really tell when its hit the end and starts again.

• 6 months later...

Very good use of solo instrumentation and winds in a small ensemble setting. Unfortunately, when you put these kind of woodwinds together that closely (and they are electronic) it's hard to differentiate which one is which. Other than that, the arranging is high quality, and keeps a flow from one side to the other. Again reminds me of Stravinsky's Octet.

• 1 year later...

Very high quality work, but I feel that it didn't really go anywhere. There were a lot of great moments, but I never felt like there was a whole to the piece. The sound quality is fantastic, however, very nice job making everything sound so natural.

I guess my take on it is that it never becomes more than a sum of it's parts, no matter how fantastic the individual parts are.

Maybe this style is just too subtle for me to properly appreciate?

• 11 months later...

A very careful and considerate arrangement from Shnabubula. Quite different from lots of his other (likewise excellent!) outings, maybe even surprising, but the guy obviously doesn't compromise on the main sector of his strengths (in my opinion): beauty. This is indeed a beautiful track. Subtle, perhaps, nearly understated. Everything is in it's right place and there's not an arbitary note in sight. A remix I will try to study in purposefulness. Not necessarily a piece of music to loop endlessly, but listen once with total attention.

I'm not a big listener of classical, but this piece reminds me some of the work from Finnish composers that I've liked, actually it just might trump those pieces.

--Eino

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a perfect exemple of a song being true to the original and liberal enough not to be frustrating for anyone who know the source.

While originally not my favorites tracks, Shnabubula's take changed the way I was seeing (hearing) them.

He kept the Matsueda spirit while building around, and expended the song structure and its boundaries almost to the... infinite.

Thus the title I guess. ;)

This is still a very poetic/romantic song, but it definitely has more of a dramatic feel to it this time around.

The variations are of the 'subtle but essential' kind, and every new element fall into place, making the whole song flow very well.

A nicely refined remix, quite different from the usual Shnabubula's trademark style.

Serves as a good demonstration of both versatility and talent.

• 1 month later...

While the sounds aren't the most realistic around, the orchestration of this and the arrangement really makes this sound really good, and there is little to no detraction from the lack of realism. A little shrill by the end, but it is forgivable. This also is one of Shna's more "accessible to the normal public" remixes, so don't feel put off to try this one out.

I can see what OA is saying about the lack of movement throughout the mix, but I feel that there is more there than he is alluding too. I feel like the mix has a goal and achieves what it sets out to do by the end. The writing is what really brings this one out. Nice work.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01275 - Front Mission "Infinite Natalie"