Rainbow Road Remix (Super Mario Kart)

Ryuran333

Hello, OCRemix community!

I've been visiting the site and listening to all the great creativity for over two years now, since I was 13, and last year I tried my hand at creating some ReMixes myself. I found it much easier to arrange an already great composition to make it even better with sounds and samples of higher quality, rather than just compose something new myself.

GarageBand may not be state of the art composition technology, but until I can figure out how to use a tracker, it'll do :) My first remix was really just an arrangement of Zelda's "Dark World", but it didn't turn out all too well, due to the lack of realistic sounding instruments.

http://tindeck.com/listen/bgme

This is a remix of Super Mario Kart's "Rainbow Road" which is practically done, though there is still some adjusting to be done with sound levels, and though I think a different key sounds better, I may want to keep it in it's original pitch. I will probably edit it more depending on the opinions and comments I receive.

Please post your feedback, good or bad, as I want to know how to improve for future remixing.

Thanks For Listening!

Needs a more broader sound library- Add more instruments to the mix!

If you are on your hands and knees here, then if Garageband is VST-capable, you can go out and find a good set of VST effects.

Also, your Apple pack will be very useful if it is a VST format (,dll), but I don't think it will...

If you are going to eventually upgrade to a better DAW, then a VST instrument can be used there as well.

However, an Apple jam pack is probably made up of Apple Loops, and I only know of one other DAW (Besides Pro Logic) that can use apple loops.

Good:

Very close to the original, with out sounding like a MIDI rip.

You do have deviation with your sound, too. I like that.

This could work out to a very good mix. I like. :-)

Bad (Not much here- that's good!) :

Like the first line says, needs more sounds.

Also, the background synth is repetitive from the beginning to the end. You can either switch it out for another synth, or change up the pattern a bit.

Overall, pretty solid.

It is a bit low-Q, but, not your fault, right? :-)

Well, admittedly I was trying to make sure they didn't overpower the mix, but you're right, everything else seems to overpower them.

If I push the soundlevels up though, it doesn't sound quite as jazzy and laidback as I had originally intended. I suppose I'll still be messing around with this mix for a while yet, haha.

Thanx for the feedback.

everyone sumed it up.

You can find instument on the internet just search, no daw (except fl studio's free sample library) comes with real intruments, just synths.

also tracker DAWS are usually for 16bit music or patch chip based music (Altho FM synthesis is the best way to do this) , you can find tracker around the internets aswell, but try a Daw like fl studio, its user friendly, and tut for it are with the program and on youtube.

your cover is good, but a cover not a arrangement, a good arrangement combines new composition of a(any) genre with original, its not hard at all so give it a try.

good luck!