Trying to get good enough to remix.

axelitsu

So here is some of my original material. I'm going to school for reason now and learning quite a bit. Going to be trying to major in music or sound design or something along those lines. I'm buckling down and getting serious. Please give my material a listen and help me out a bit with some pointers. Hopefully, I'll be adding to this site soon. It helped get me inspired and ready to get deep into music.

http://soundcloud.com/viciousrequiem

Thank you and enjoy : )

There's a lot of sound design elements that are pretty cool in that one ambient track, and that seems to be the focus of a lot of your arrangements. On that level you've got some cool shit. Some of the drums do sound pretty stock, but it's mostly the ride/hat/cymbal sounds. I think you have some original ideas, you just need to explore outside the genre you're in right now and find a more unique sound for your productions.

If you'd like some inspiration, I'd recommend checking out acts like Ancient Method, Balam Acab, oOoOO, Ital Tek... your sound design track already has a kind of grimy industrial sound that teeters on horror house, so you might as well try incorporating some contrasting kinds of sounds in there to mix it up and take that somewhere new. Even still, I don't see why you're not good enough to remix at your current skill level. Production is certainly fine, and in the end, oc remixes are more about the arrangement (as sometimes questionable productions are allowed through because the arrangement is really good). In fact, trying to remix something forces you to incorporate elements you normally wouldn't--namely, the source melody, and having building an arrangement around that.

Sounds pretty damn good to me kid, keep it up!

You're totally approaching this the right way.... figure out a type of music (in this case electronica) and stick with it until it sounds killer then move on to another genre.

I speak from experience because I was trying to do everything at once when I started 10 years ago then eventually found orchestral / electronic was my calling.

Rich

Sounds pretty damn good to me kid, keep it up!

You're totally approaching this the right way.... figure out a type of music (in this case electronica) and stick with it until it sounds killer then move on to another genre.

I speak from experience because I was trying to do everything at once when I started 10 years ago then eventually found orchestral / electronic was my calling.

Rich

same ! well i slide genres , i try to stick to one but end up doing other things alot, but now im trying to stick to electronica mixed with guitaring and orcha for while.