Last Dance *chemical plant*

SonicThHedgog

I think you went just a little crazy with the bitcrusher and the compression. It's an interesting sound, and it can work really well. Just be aware that like...you're going to be really messing the sound up even more the more stuff you add to it.

I think I'd tone down the compression and filtering/resonance effects on the initial synth that comes in (the growling higher pitched one) so it can be a little more of a textural thing. The synth you have the melody playing works well. And I mean, it's a sylistic decision anyway, but the more you add instruments and try to push them in the front of the mix, the more they're fighting for space in the mix, and the more you're going to clutter up everything and make into a garbled mess. You need some stuff in the background to add texture and offset the major things happening in the front of the mix. So please think about that.

I think you went just a little crazy with the bitcrusher and the compression. It's an interesting sound, and it can work really well. Just be aware that like...you're going to be really messing the sound up even more the more stuff you add to it.

I think I'd tone down the compression and filtering/resonance effects on the initial synth that comes in (the growling higher pitched one) so it can be a little more of a textural thing. The synth you have the melody playing works well. And I mean, it's a sylistic decision anyway, but the more you add instruments and try to push them in the front of the mix, the more they're fighting for space in the mix, and the more you're going to clutter up everything and make into a garbled mess. You need some stuff in the background to add texture and offset the major things happening in the front of the mix. So please think about that.

I did not use any distorted synths , the vol of the mix is to high which gave it the distortion problem which i will fix 8-) , just 2 FM synth with low octaves and a moog patch for treble :D, there was no resnonance on that lead patch which was just mixed as sine ,saw,and tri for the fm patch and (ithink) maybe gave it to loud of a sound when i FM'd the triangle ;P, and on compression i just gave IOzone a quick preset and did not bother fixing the vol thing cause i need to finish the other 3 mins of the song, but i will loosen the compression and not make it deep.( like wolfgang gartner, deadmau5 lol).

Yah i was really avoiding using multiple sounds, so there will be space for clean sounds but its so hard to tell for me when i cant trust the sound comming from my pc when

handeling the mix.

But i will add texture to the back but first i need to fix the vol on the tracks :P

but i need to save for an interface, im not getting good I/O from my headphones when mixing :(

This beat is pretty awesome, love the style, but the source synth sounds totally weak, and apart from the melody I don't hear any source in it at all.

Also you're competing directly with PrototypeRaptor's amazing Chemixtrixx in the same style, and that's just not going to be beaten, sorry!

I'd suggest either turning this into an original, or finding a different source to slam into this stomping beat.

Also you're competing directly with PrototypeRaptor's amazing Chemixtrixx in the same style, and that's just not going to be beaten **fix*imo*fix**, sorry!

Never heard, but i'v been making agressive electro house like this for a while :P this is just something i came up on scratch in home studio then transfered the midi to ableton, not really that great of a beat (or effort) to me since im really into deep ,minimal and progressive house in electronica :( im just trying to get in to use electro house , daft punk style electro tho, I really dont even think im going to be finishing this version of my chemical plant remix , im not competing with anyone, but if i was, i would do a better job then this, or if anyone has not noticed..... i just droned a penetonic scale and a lydine scale :o

But the synth for source was un modulated , was to lazy to do anything :D

Dang, I could learn to make some neat sounds from what you have hear. But interesting tones aside, there isn't a whole lot more in this mix that I haven't heard from other renditions of this song. The melodic line is especially weak, unfortunately. But if you keep working on adding interesting things (and punch) to the song, this genre could still work! ^^

Dang, I could learn to make some neat sounds from what you have hear. But interesting tones aside, there isn't a whole lot more in this mix that I haven't heard from other renditions of this song. The melodic line is especially weak, unfortunately. But if you keep working on adding interesting things (and punch) to the song, this genre could still work! ^^

yah source synth was plane, but i cant change it cause i overriten the main project with a blank one so im starting from the back up wave :oops:

oh all i did was experiment with Fm synths. No wavetables tho.

This is phat! Sorry, I wish I had a cooler adjective or interesting metaphor but it's just too sick to describe.

I only disagree with the title. I thought this was going to sound Disney-Princess-ey at first but I was immediately proven wrong. Still cool though. Just replayed it 4 times so that's an automatic 5/5 in my book.

This is phat! Sorry, I wish I had a cooler adjective or interesting metaphor but it's just too sick to describe.

I only disagree with the title. I thought this was going to sound Disney-Princess-ey at first but I was immediately proven wrong. Still cool though. Just replayed it 4 times so that's an automatic 5/5 in my book.

Thank you :) I thaught this track was a faliure :P well i might as well sub it if you guys think it solid.

Waitwaitwait if you're going to sub it, at least give it an ending! To me it just sounds like it ends with exactly the same thing that the first verse introduced. Give it something new, or make it more dramatic. Ending on a cymbal after what sounds like a repetition of the first verse was disappointingly anticlimactic for me.

:sleepdepriv: well, i dont wana work on this track anymore but i will add a ending for my album version.

I agree with Kruai!

Waitwaitwait if you're going to sub it, at least give it an ending! To me it just sounds like it ends with exactly the same thing that the first verse introduced. Give it something new, or make it more dramatic. Ending on a cymbal after what sounds like a repetition of the first verse was disappointingly anticlimactic for me.