Steam Treasure Hunt

twilightsquid

I'm sure many of you have noticed by now, but Steam has a treasure hunt going on right now. One of the objectives is to have 10 friends on your list, so in the spirit of shameless plugging, my steam name is twilightsquid

Help me, help yourselves, make some friends. Pretty win-win for everyone, wouldn't you say? :wink:

I'm sure many of you have noticed by now, but Steam has a treasure hunt going on right now. One of the objectives is to have 10 friends on your list, so in the spirit of shameless plugging, my steam name is twilightsquid

Help me, help yourselves, make some friends. Pretty win-win for everyone, wouldn't you say? :wink:

Already got that one.

4 down 6 to go!! 1 for a TF2 hat!

Well, the next two days of Treasure Hunt objectives kinda blow. I don't have any of the 3 games required. Q_Q Oh well, at least the first one was easy (like usual). I guess with those they're trying to get more people involved in the Steam "community".

EDIT: By the way, the games are "Mafia II", "Magic: The Gathering", and "Droplitz".

Well, the next two days of Treasure Hunt objectives kinda blow. I don't have any of the 3 games required. Q_Q Oh well, at least the first one was easy (like usual). I guess with those they're trying to get more people involved in the Steam "community".

EDIT: By the way, the games are "Mafia II", "Magic: The Gathering", and "Droplitz".

seem like a nice mix of both Tetris and the Hacking mini game from Bioshock. Will most likely try the demo at least if that becomes an objective. Not likely gonna buy the others though...

Oh yeah

seems to still be on sale; %50 off.

Will most likely try the demo at least if that becomes an objective. Not likely gonna buy the others though...%50 off.

Speaking of which... it appears that Mafia II and Magic both have demos. I wonder if you can get the achievements through those... anyone wanna check? My connection is so poor it would take until tomorrow to download the demos. Q_Q

Speaking of which... it appears that Mafia II and Magic both have demos. I wonder if you can get the achievements through those... anyone wanna check? My connection is so poor it would take until tomorrow to download the demos. Q_Q

MtG I may consider... $2.50, the price of a key to open a crate, not so bad. Would also be reliving my junior highschool years... Certainly cheaper than buying the actual decks of cards back in the day...

MtG I may consider... $2.50, the price of a key to open a crate, not so bad. Would also be reliving my junior highschool years... Certainly cheaper than buying the actual decks of cards back in the day...

Warning that the version of Magic for sale does not allow you to create your own decks. Just an FYI if you used to actually play.

I'm trying this right now with Magic. I'll let you know if it works.

It says you need 10 games on your wishlist to qualify, I only got 5 so far. Can anyone recommend games? I like platformers and adventure games most, but anything with a unique style/interesting story could catch my eye.

Here's my list so far:

Super Meat Boy

Fallout 3 GOTY Edition (really not sure if I even want this one. I tried out Oblivion and didn't really like it, and the only thing I've ever really seen from this game is, "You can do whatever you want in an empty wasteland!")

Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition

The Undergarden

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

It says you need 10 games on your wishlist to qualify, I only got 5 so far. Can anyone recommend games? I like platformers and adventure games most, but anything with a unique style/interesting story could catch my eye.

VVVVVV, Braid, and Trine (platformers) and Machinarium (adventure) would be strong choices, aside from that, I will just throw out Mass Effect (1+2), Dragon Age, Torchlight, and Worms Reloaded, your mileage may vary but they are all great games if you ask me.

Another day, another objective set.

The "easy" achievement involves actual money this time, guys.

Today's objectives are:

It's Better to Give

Send a gift to a friend

Take One for the Team

Make a Sacrifice in Call of Duty: Black Ops

Breaker, Breaker

Set a leaderboard score of at least 11,200,000 for 'Bonus Mode' in Shatter. Shatter is on sale for $2.50.

Zombie Zoo

Create a Crass Menagerie in Left 4 Dead 2

I've already sent a gift before so no extra spending needed for me :P

Same here. Not only have I sent sale items as gifts (particularly Orange Box the first time it was on sale, and TF2 during 2009's Halloween sale), but I've also sent full price items as gifts.

Also the Shatter one is pretty easy - it's worth picking up for $2.50 IMO.

I'm not sure I'd like Shatter.

I'm already on track to get the 15-objective TF2 hat, with 10 objectives completed.

P.S. Today is the first day that the second hat can appear in the game on un-modded servers.

...I just realized that having the treasure hunt be based off of achievements is... skewed, at the very least; the number of high-price games used in the objectives make it so those who are already rich/have lots of these games have a higher chance at winning more games...

:whatevaa:

Well, on a positive note: Shatter's pretty fun, for those who haven't tried it yet. It probably won't last long, but it's still a well-polished spin on classic gameplay.