Steam Treasure Hunt

twilightsquid

Within the last 10 minutes, Valve decided that the watch demos objective was stupid and everyone now has it:

"Turns out this one is kind of hard to track. All eligible Steam accounts are now entered for this objective. Nice work!"

Meh...the only thing that sucked about it was that the player was fullscreen and I couldn't figure out how to just make it a window.

New set of objectives:

Smack Talker

Post a comment on a friend's Steam Community profile page

One-Hit Wonder

Build a Wonder in Civilization V (25% off today, $37.49)

Road Rage

Set a leaderboard score of at least 10,515 for 'Slaughter, City Center' in Zombie Driver (75% off today, $2.50)

Butter Me Up

Build Me Up Buttercup in Bob came in Pieces (75% off today, $2.50)

P.S. Go ahead and post on my profile if you have no one else better to post on. Of course, if I'm not your friend, you need to add me to your friends list (and vice versa) first!

I got my second TF2 hat today. So far the only 2 that I owned that I gave up on were the metro one and the shatter one. Metro is just a buggy mess. Horrible AI, crashes, etc. Ugh. Beat Hazard was actually fun though. Ran through the entire Rust In Peace album a couple times, ranking up, and bam, done.

The Shatter one was a PITA, but I finally got that one.

I'm not a big fan of music-driven games... wasn't really impressed with Audiosurf, so I skipped Beat Hazard.

I'm not a big fan of music-driven games... wasn't really impressed with Audiosurf, so I skipped Beat Hazard.

Bought

the
and enjoyed it.

Just find some

that works for you, just make sure
at least. :wink:

Space Invaders: Infinity Gene on the PSN/360? is similar in this regard as it has a "music affecting the game play" option as well.

As for the treasure hats, eh I'm content with the bounty hat as it is, no regrets getting Killing Floor and Amnesia when they went on sale. Just need a couple of more objectives to complete.

Wish I did that demo one on the second set of objectives because I'm at 9. =(

You can still do the old objectives, go run it now! :grin:

I was at 8 and got to 10 easily today thanks to a combination of the 2 very easy objectives introduced today (write a review, and have played at least 15 different games since March 2009). I was worried there would only be 1 easy one today thus forcing me to try to play Beat Hazard which for whatever reason, as much as I thought I would enjoy it, I never really got into and was the only game on the previous objectives which I owned but did not have the objective for.

I've got 14 now... as long as there's one last easy one in Saturday's set, I'll have the second TF2 hat. :D

Arrggh, I'm at 13, even with the freebies today..... gotta figure out if i want to bother trying to find two more acheivements to go back and do.

Hmm...even if I do the two relatively-easy ones today, I'd still only be at nine, so I wouldn't have a shot at the grand prize unless I shelled out for some random game in the list with money I don't have. Meh, screw it. I'm kind of miffed that neither Portal nor any of Half-Life 2 (or hell, even Alien Swarm) showed up anywhere in the objectives, since those all would have been easy pickings.

Hmm...even if I do the two relatively-easy ones today, I'd still only be at nine, so I wouldn't have a shot at the grand prize unless I shelled out for some random game in the list with money I don't have. Meh, screw it. I'm kind of miffed that neither Portal nor any of Half-Life 2 (or hell, even Alien Swarm) showed up anywhere in the objectives, since those all would have been easy pickings.

Those would basically be freebies, and wouldn't earn them any game sales.