The Golden Axe Reforged

Shivendra

Hmm... It's all a bit bland, if you ask me. Too little variation in the song itself, with another problem being that the song doesn't feel like it's going somewhere. Also, hold into consideration that you're remixing a theme that is about the savage part of creatures. An orchestra can very effectively portray that (lots of instrument choices that give a darker, rougher edge) but I don't hear it here.

It's almost as if you're telling your orchestra "hey, guys, don't give it all you got, I'm afraid the audience can't handle it", which, IMHO, is a bad thing. Spice it up, a lot, because right now I don't see this being accepted.

Thanks for your feedback guys, very useful. I listened to the track again after some and I completely agree with your comments.

An orchestra can very effectively portray that (lots of instrument choices that give a darker, rougher edge) but I don't hear it here

Could you give me some examples?

Anything else I should work on? Was there anything you liked?

As soon as I have the inspiration I will work on this track and post a new version.

Watch Lord of the Rings, all the scenes with the Uruk Hai have a very rough orchestra in the background. Beyond Good and Evil has some very catching themes as well, such as the battle theme. BGaE has a pretty neat soundtrack overall as well so it wouldn't be such a bad thing to listen to it carefully :)

I enjoyed this. The intro is pleasantly heroic, and your samples are good. Plenty of potential here!

Some suggestions:

I like how you added instruments slowly throughout the intro. Could you also make it more expressive, maybe getting steadily louder? Some moderately lower strings to round out the sound at the very beginning would also be nice.

Leading up to 1:20, I'd love to hear a humongous crescendo, with a gong or similar instrument sending you... off to the races! And the next section could be AWESOME if you picked up the tempo to twice what it is in the intro. Maybe John Williams' Duel of the Fates would be good inspiration here. This could become the middle section you need, as mak noted.

Then you could end with a slow section reprising the introduction, but with more drama (you sort of do this already, just needs some more gusto).

Just some ideas, maybe you want to move it in a different direction. There's a lot of good stuff here, keep working on it!