Ssx :(

PartTimeShinobi

let's just pretend that this post is the OP, shall we

the game is called SSX: deadly descents

official teaser trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djpdkFCVED8

official website: http://www.ea.com/SSX

see, I helped. does this count as community service? I still have 5 hours left to do. someone sign my sheet

SSX 3 is the greatest snowboarding game ever. It is so, so much fun. I could only imagine how that game, with a revamped trick system could play out.

I don't think there's enough in this trailer to go all sad face on yet though... show me some gameplay dammit!

BUT, knowing what the game companies are like these days, and in what ways they 'bring back' beloved franchises, I completely condone reserving judgment till we see more.

A dark tone for SSX shouldn't work though... the others were almost impossibly happy and colourful.

We'll see then.

The only SSX I played extensively was the first one, and I think I rented 3. I remember replaying tracks in 1 just to listen to the music over and over. I don't see why it appears the game is going to be so bleak. Slapping the Gears of War 1 color palette into a snowboarding game that was known for being over the top and pretty unrealistic doesn't make much sense to me. Will reserve further judgment until there's a proper trailer.

SSX 3 is the greatest snowboarding game ever. It is so, so much fun. I could only imagine how that game, with a revamped trick system could play out.

Amen, mate. That would be so awesome. :grin:

However, this trailer did take me by surprise a bit, the SSX series in general is usually so bright and colorful (along with a bombastic MC and an over-used Run DMC sample :razz:)

This trailer though... :whatevaa:

I won't give judgment on the game as I haven't seen any gameplay.

Until then, I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

The new SSX is going to play out like one of those Sci-Fi (I still refuse to call it SyFy) "disaster" movies where the plot is essentially "Event A happens, Scientist warns of event B upcoming, nobody listens because Scientist B said Event A was a random fluke, Scientist B dies in Event B, Scientist A has to help prevent Event C" and it always involves some gimmick like evaporating methane causing earthquakes or a volcano erupting in the middle of an Italian town with a lot of misplaced and utterly nonsensical paranormal overtures.

And this game will probably involve alien technology that happens to look like a snowboard and you're racing to keep it out of the hands of the Space Nazis or something.

I grow tired of this industry and it's "gritty realism".

I just read about Game Informer's exclusive on the new Tomb Raider reboot (yes, again). The more I read about it, and talking about how she's going to be a young, naive, vulnerable female, made me think of Metroid: Other M.

All I could think about is how ridiculous game designers are anymore. All they care about is their "vision", and not what people actually want to play....

The new SSX is going to play out like one of those Sci-Fi (I still refuse to call it SyFy) "disaster" movies where the plot is essentially "Event A happens, Scientist warns of event B upcoming, nobody listens because Scientist B said Event A was a random fluke, Scientist B dies in Event B, Scientist A has to help prevent Event C" and it always involves some gimmick like evaporating methane causing earthquakes or a volcano erupting in the middle of an Italian town with a lot of misplaced and utterly nonsensical paranormal overtures.

And this game will probably involve alien technology that happens to look like a snowboard and you're racing to keep it out of the hands of the Space Nazis or something.

Preordering now.

The machismo that permeates western development is treading dangerously close to self-parody now. We are on the precipice, folks. The precipice overlooking the brown-and-grey void, where all wonder and whimsy dies, their corpses feasted upon by the visual spectacle of blood, guns, beefy bald 30-something males with facial fuzz, and space marines.

There will be no looking back. Gaming as we know it will gleefully leap into the chasm. and all that will be heard, the only sound, will be "faggot" whispered over your headset as that 12-year-old teabags your corpse.

What.

This isn't fucking SSX.

Where the fuck is my insane combo system, bright and eye-catching graphics, and catchy-as-hell music? Where the hell is my Hybrid - Finished Symphony?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGwhlw4olsg

God dammit EA. I hope you choke on a barrel of dicks.

The machismo that permeates western development is treading dangerously close to self-parody now. We are on the precipice, folks. The precipice overlooking the brown-and-grey void, where all wonder and whimsy dies, their corpses feasted upon by the visual spectacle of blood, guns, beefy bald 30-something males with facial fuzz, and space marines.

There will be no looking back. Gaming as we know it will gleefully leap into the chasm. and all that will be heard, the only sound, will be "faggot" whispered over your headset as that 12-year-old teabags your corpse.

You sound EXACTLY like Tycho and its kind of terrifying.