OCR02142 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Full Moon Cello"

djpretzel

A very interesting Album indeed. A lot of people on other forums have claimed that the more recent Ocremix Albums, have become a a weaker medium through their desperation to include all the tracks and extend opportunities to as many artists as possible. I personally disagree with this, finding the Sheer quantity of interpretation the best way to do Justice to the original. Here is al album, like Essence of Lime, that will please both. The variety of tracks is great, and the overall direction is solid and recognisable.

Sadly there is no point plugging this on Facebook. None of my friends are willing to see outside that which they already know.

Great Album, great track, can't wait for the Pokemon one now!

personally, i think the album should have started off with 'Threshold of a Dream', but this is an awesome arrangement of tail cave and still works well as an intro. at it's length, i'm finding it just a bit repetitive, but you've managed to take a short looped melody and turn it into a beast of a track. great work Theophany, and congrats to everyone who made the album possible!

How's it feel to finally get another mixpost after 6 years, Jason? ;-) This track is really incredible, it tackles the ambient feel of the original but beefing it up tenfold with pristine bells and percussive sounds, and some very cool acoustic drumkit work that you wouldn't necessarily think would work as good as it has. I feel like the arrangement does drag on for a little longer than it needs to, but it's great for ambient listening and such.

Congrats on the mixpost; to everyone reading, rest assured that this isn't the last you'll hear from Theophany in the near future, he's got some absolutely stunning stuff coming down the pipeline! :-D

I hear the dissonance WillRock is talking about. The arranged chords and the original melody don't totally work together. To me it sounds like the vibraphonist is messing up the take, while the rest of the ensemble sounds absolutely great.. and that just ruins it for me, frankly. Happily, other people are able to enjoy it, but if the parts worked better together, I'm sure they would enjoy it more too.

--Eino

i'm not hearing the dissonances that you guys are mentioning - particularly considering i've listened to this track over two hundred times, according to my iTunes. i think what you're saying is dissonance is simply suspensions and other tension tones. expand your ears :< it's those color tones that give the track so much character.

Holy...

Wow, this is amazing! The atmosphere put forth here is so rich and vivid; it really feels like I'm listening to this in a cave. I can almost swear that I hear actual cave-esque sound effects scattered throughout this track.

I can definitely see why this was chosen to lead off the album.

i'm not hearing the dissonances that you guys are mentioning - particularly considering i've listened to this track over two hundred times, according to my iTunes. i think what you're saying is dissonance is simply suspensions and other tension tones. expand your ears :< it's those color tones that give the track so much character.

No, dude, there's dissonance. There's no need to be so defensive about it. I don't need to "expand my ears" any more than I strive to do daily.

Assumptions about open mindedness are rude.

Just listened to the album through for the first time, and am now commenting on all the posted mixes. I was a little surprised it didn't kick off with the classic Zelda theme present in Threshold of a Dream, but after that first listen through I see that this is a perfect choice for an opening track.

It does go on a little long (for an opening album song - so I don't hold that against it on its own), but that's no bad thing really when it's so meticulously constructed and interesting to listen to, whilst still being ambient enough to switch off to. A very intriguing track indeed.

• 1 year later...

Man, this really screams out "dark, dripping cave" with the echoing bells and the haunting cello/violin combination. While it does go on a bit long for me, it's a great tune for backgrounding while you working as well as opening an album up. Not bad at all.

• 1 year later...
I hear dat devil's interval, though I'm not really bothered by it; for me the dissonance stopped at 2:00. :)

yeah, it sortof resolves, it just doesn't have any harmonic support so it just sounds to me like a few wrong notes. No big, there are plenty of other songs to listen to on the site for me, and I am sure there are plenty of people who enjoy this song. :-)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02142 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Full Moon Cello"