OCR02143 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Climb My Mountain, This High"

djpretzel

I love how much the opening string progression reminds me of the old Jungle theme from DKC, that gives this one a nostalgic quality to me, even if it's unintentional.

The rest of the track is really solid as well, in fact I'd venture to say this is one of chth-- err, Ben's best tracks yet. While it might be one of the outlier tracks on Threshold of a Dream, it's one of the best "singles" off the album and does great justice to Tal Tal Heights.

:nicework:

Ooh, this is pretty fantastic. I like how much tension it has, and how it builds it up with fairly subtle stuff, texture changes.. It's chippy, but also intense in a dark kind of way. I like this piece immediately, and I have a feeling I will grow to love it. Also, a very fresh take on the much-covered original!

--Eino

LOVE this! After my first listen of the album, this track just stood out to me the most. No offense to the other strong offerings that may need more than a listen to sink in, but man this take on Tal Tal Heights is my favorite of the bunch thus far. Zircon's remix years back really raised the bar on this one, but you've done a great job in bringing it. Chill, moody, catchy, sweet samples. Keep up the good work!

Listening to this just makes me smile. Totally awesome take on the source; this takes a lot of the energy from the source and really just mellows it out.

There's also a just few really, I can't think of a better word, funny parts in here; when I get to ~1:20, I can't help but to giggle.

Oh, how I love this mix. :)

This right here's a breath of fresh air. In amongst a quite intense and contemplative, at times quite sad album, this track is like climbing a mountain (to a specific height) and taking a deep breath, then drifting off into a nice daydream.

After listening to zircon's version of this for ages, this mix seems chilled out in comparison, and is a fantastic addition to both the album and OCR. I especially like the percussion - it never feels forced or overdone, despite the rest of the track almost wanting to tear away from it. It must have been hard to show restraint there, but it's paid off beautifully. Love the scratchy sounds too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I love the intro to this, I really do. It's hard to describe, but it somewhat sounds like a nice balance between natural and electronica that gets more and more glitchy, which was cool. The synth work was great, and the production and arrangement were top-notch. Great ReMix for sure.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02143 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Climb My Mountain, This High"
  • 3 years later...