OCR02272 - *YES* Final Fantasy 8 'Estharian Airs'

Fishy

McFishy

Game: FF8

Source: Silence and Motion

ReMix name: Estharian Airs

I sense that a small pigeon-hole has formed around me what with all this guitar flying about. I hope to close it one day... unless of course this is rejected, in which case that hole will be immediately filled with an impervious and eternal pigeon.

So Silence and Motion is one of the weirdest but most awesome FF tunes in my opinion. On first listen this may sound a lot more conservative then it is as I didn't play with the structure at all really. I did play around with substitution chords, harmony and general orchestration a lot though. There's also a bunch of reverse stuff around 'cause I barely know any tricks that aren't whammy bar related. I played the majority of the keys in live, which is why they are out of time and heavy handed - but it's on purpose so it's totally cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Very bad.

NO

Okay not really. Nice of you to use the marimba, more people should use the marimba! Some nice instruments in general, bass sounds ridiculously round but edgy in a good way. Good countermelodies all around, clever takes on the source. Did I mention the organ is a stroke of genius? The organ is a stroke of genius.

I thought the drums felt a bit in another space or at least a bit too forward in the mix but that's no big deal. The faster ride sequencing is semi-awkward but I can live with it.

Overall this is quite the nice track, surprising direction from you but very enjoyable! You go girl!

YES

• 1 month later...

Yeah this is great stuff. Colorful arrangement, very creative textures at times. It suits the unusual source perfectly. I loved the section starting at 1:35 and the lead you brought in shortly afterward. I couldn't even tell what that was, treated guitar or synth, but it sounded awesome. Kind of sums up the whole arrangement.

YES