DKC3 GBA - Waterworld Remix

youthboy14

I was fooling around in FL Studio and decided to cook this up. It's a soft, somber ambient remix of the underwater theme of the GBA port of DKC3.

I just made this without really cleaning it off, so don't expect perfection. At all.

Source:

Here it is (NOT NEWEST VERSION!)

img.php?fid=1014

Oh, and if you're wondering about the title, this song is a follow-up to another remix I made of Aquatic Ambience.

It could be polished and the theme expanded a bit, but I really liked the atmosphere going and the choice of instrumentation.

Would love to hear a finished version =)

Thanks. I just whipped this up without really going back to it, so stuff like EQing and note velocities were overlooked.

UPDATE!

- The guitar was given slightly less attack, and the flange effect was eliminated.

- The drum notes were given velocity changes.

- The pitch change note in the flute section was eliminated in place of two regular notes.

- The flute was replaced with bells after the flute solo.

img.php?fid=1017

You're on the right track. I'd have it progress a little bit faster. Personally, I've gotten sick of what's going on by the time it gets changed up.

The samples around 3:40 sound pretty fake, and I liked what you did with the tune in this little section better in the first version.

I like the bells, but maybe... more of them?

Keep it up.

Okay, another update. I really need to slow down with these things.

First off, I cut about a minute of it to make it progress faster, and the tempo was slighty - EVER so slighty - raised. I added a few more bell sections and changed around one of the patterns. Also, the flute was changed into bells. I also reverted back to the original note pattern on the then-flute section. Also, at around 3:30, I changed the bell notes around. Bells, bells, bells.

Also, I'd like a suggestion for a title. For now, it's titled "Sudden Remergence", but if anyone has a better title, I'd like to hear it.

img.php?fid=1020

I enjoyed it, but at 1:15 when the bass kicks in the whole volume drops way too low. it changes the flow for me. other than that it's a nice one, kind of an up-beat ambiance.

i enjoyed the light bell during the piano bits, without it the piece would be boring.

• 1 month later...