OCR02147 - Mega Man "Light's Out"

djpretzel

I really like Game Over's new vocalist. The riffs are solid, dasaten was a great addition to the lineup, and the production on this is much improved over NESperado. 'Little Mac's Confession' still maintains a special place in my heart and is Game Over's magnum opus, but this is definitely a great arrangement of an iconic theme. Good to see Wire and Game Over still active around these parts!

Also, that ending rhythm sounds familiar, but I can't place it...

I love Game Over, and this song was written and performed really well... However, I miss Tim's vocals. Don't get me wrong, the new vocalist is good, but he doesn't have enough raw power behind his singing. A Game Over song is good, but a Game Over song with Tim is better. I'm sorry Wire, I really do love your music...

Crisp guitars, catchy vocals layered with nice harmonies during the choruses, and killer performances all around. Gotta say it's a little hard to understand whats being sung but regardless the melodies are awesome. It's definitely one of the most inventive takes on Cutman's theme that I've heard. You usually can't go wrong with Game Over, and this track is no exception to that. Can't say I liked the ending though, but besides that, KICK ASS.

• 2 weeks later...

Whoo! Loving it! Pretty good song for Mega Man's birthday, and yet another example of a vocal ReMix done right. But god, that singer's voice sounds like another one that I've heard, especially near the end and I can't remember who it is. That's going to bother me all day now. Excellent guitars, nice darker lyrics, ace drums and a good rock song overall. Very, very nice.

Thanks for all the positive comments! We really appreciate it.

A lot of people have asked me about the ending. I guess it sounds like any random White Zombie song. Light's Out was inspired by a totally different rock song though, but that's a secret.

My idol Ralphis has a crush on me, that's pretty cool!

But god, that singer's voice sounds like another one that I've heard, especially near the end and I can't remember who it is.

I think maybe he sounds a little bit like Geoff Tate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Too bad there's not more stuff from this band. Love how they take the video game music and mix it with old [early 80's metal] like iron maiden but more hardcore. Love the palm muting on the guitar, don;t know how to explain that technique but it's great. This song is so fun to sing to, especially if you;re one who has spent years singing in this sort of way. I can go higher notes with the vibrato , but this singer still does good. I can hear him trying really hard to go high [like at the end] but it sounds like he's just under the note he wants. singing in this style is not easy, and when I hear someone who is working at it i always say good work. any person off the street can sing, but only real singers can do the metal high note scream vibrato opera singing

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02147 - Mega Man "Light's Out"