Best Guitar VSTi

Hidan

Prominy LPC/Shreddage

*obligatory VSTis suck, learn to play a real guitar because it's easier/cheaper/less time-consuming*

it takes more time to learn guitar then buy samples, but it is best to learn guitar on the long run.

Prominy will cost you the same price as a REAL fender or solid ESP or Ibanez guitar.

slayer2 is a synth, just deside on whats best.

That's the point. For lead guitar the only acceptable sounding VSTi is Prominy LPC which costs as much as a mid-tier guitar. And it's more time-consuming in the sense that you get to fuck around with articulations for a few hours before you have a decent sounding line whereas with an actual guitar you can get entire tracks done in a few minutes.

That's the point. For lead guitar the only acceptable sounding VSTi is Prominy LPC which costs as much as a mid-tier guitar. And it's more time-consuming in the sense that you get to fuck around with articulations for a few hours before you have a decent sounding line whereas with an actual guitar you can get entire tracks done in a few minutes.

Meh, allright. I don't know how to play guitar but I should know someday. I'll buy a SG one then =)

Anyway, what's Guitar Rig 4 from NI is for?

Guitar Rig is a versatile amp sim. It doesn't make sounds, it just processes them. It's an effect, not an instrument.

You can probably put together a basic rhythm guitar with almost any multi-sampled string instrument... even soundfonts, I guess. I did it with a piano today. :D You just need a good amp sim and distortion effect. Not realistic, but passable for the feel of a rhythm guitar. Lead guitar... gonna be tougher.

One that I use and love is Ministry of Rock made by Nick Phoenix. It's a bit expensive at $355 but East West has been going through sales like mad the last half year. I was able to buy it around $199 from audio midi back in july. With it you get an Ibanez Universe, PRS, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Fender tele and strat, and a Gibson Acoustic along with some drum kits and 5 basses.

My only complaints are that some of the guitars are a bit too fuzzy, the acoustic isn't very flexible(chords only), and most of the les paul articulations don't have a strong enough attack though you can work around it by using both the distorted "left speaker" with the clean undistorted "right speaker".

http://www.soundsonline.com/Ministry-Of-Rock for some samples

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32336 my recent Streets of Rage remix WIP.

I'm currently looking into these:

but you need NI Kontact 2,3, or 4 to run them then purchase one of these packs separately... Then of course you might wanna run the VSTi through guitar rig or some amp simulator like the guy did in this video. I

used a demo of one of these vsts in some of my songs... they're decent, and only about $190 for one. I'm still loking into some guitar vstis myself.

I'm currently looking into these:

but you need NI Kontact 2,3, or 4 to run them then purchase one of these packs separately... Then of course you might wanna run the VSTi through guitar rig or some amp simulator like the guy did in this video. I

used a demo of one of these vsts in some of my songs... they're decent, and only about $190 for one. I'm still loking into some guitar vstis myself.

This looks really good. Too bad I don't have money to buy all those.

This is an instrument that I have to run on Guitar Rig on the mixer? It should be better an instrument that I could use in the step sequencer...

well, it's designed to give realistic guitar 'feel,' if that makes sense... anything that would be impossible to play on a real guitar is impossible to play on this as well. because you're getting 'clean' tone (altho you can alternate tunings, pickups, etc), any tone modification needs to come from dedicated effects processors.

all that said, match this with your effects of choice (for me, guitar rig 4 or digi's eleven), and you're getting the absolute most realistic guitar sounds outside of real life. i play the majority of my guitar stuff, but if i'm looking for ultra-technical playing or attempting a genre outside my comfort zone, i use electri6ity and just program it.

This looks really good. Too bad I don't have money to buy all those.

Oh sorry, I was kinda guestimating with the prices, if you want an exact price range I could tabulate that for you. Guitar rig is more or less optional, any amp synth would do, but you might not need it. The guy who made these uses guitar rig but I think it comes preloaded with some legit amp synthed sounds. Also there are a ton of simi-decent free amp synths. Finally, you can demo contact for free, it'll be fully functional and everything and you can run the guitars no problem. The only major cost would be the guitar vstis themselves

Finally, you can demo contact for free, it'll be fully functional and everything and you can run the guitars no problem.

Well first make sure you spell "Kontakt" correctly or people will have a very hard time understanding what you're referring to. XD

Second, unless the guitars are by Native Instruments or by a third party company that NI lists as POwered by Kontakt, all third party samples will shut down after half an hour in the Kontakt demo.

Also, you seem to misunderstand what those were. They are sample sets FOR Kontakt, they aren't VSTi's. So there's no way to load them unless you have some sort of version of Kontakt, and the demo/player will only load them for 30 minutes.

Well first make sure you spell "Kontakt" correctly or people will have a very hard time understanding what you're referring to. XD

Second, unless the guitars are by Native Instruments or by a third party company that NI lists as POwered by Kontakt, all third party samples will shut down after half an hour in the Kontakt demo.

Also, you seem to misunderstand what those were. They are sample sets FOR Kontakt, they aren't VSTi's. So there's no way to load them unless you have some sort of version of Kontakt, and the demo/player will only load them for 30 minutes.

Oh no I knew that, I'm running direct guitar free on a Kontakt 4 demo version. It's a bit of a... inconvenience but you can restart the player every 30 min... it's what I do lol! >_<

Oh no I knew that, I'm running direct guitar free on a Kontakt 4 demo version. It's a bit of a... inconvenience but you can restart the player every 30 min... it's what I do lol! >_<

:lmassoff: That's terrible to do especially if you edit/change parameters on your instruments. You can't just reload the player, you have to reload all the existing instruments, which means you had to have saved their configurations somewhere.

the reason why guitars sound bad sampled to amps is because your NOT giving your amp sim a real clean sound but a sample of a clean sound.

but again expencive guitar sample kit != good sounds, effects friendly, sound versatility nor a changible tone with a amp that sounds good. Plus since your using SAMPLED sounds, your pickups are not tangible and cannot be changed to change guitar tones.

lots of other reasons but now you know to just pick up a guitar. its not hard to learn. it takes time that is all.