OCR01290 - *YES* DuckTales 'Duck Blur' *FT*

Liontamer

This one got submitted back in late February, and I played it on my show then. Grr on losing this one.

I think it's alright, some people really like it... whatever

it's a remix of the moon theme from duck tales. And guess what? Its neet.

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/duckta~1.zip - Track 7

I really liked how all of the elements came together here. Good opening with the piano and strings. The claps on percussion are pretty tame, but the reverb levels are good. Kind of spacey, along with an basic upbeat yet trancy type vibe at times.

Star always does a great job of fusing electronic and "real" instruments. Here's he relies on the occasional use of some string samples to give the track a slightly epic touch that also often functions as a transition point to a change in the style. The arrangement is pretty straightforward most of the time, yet certainly expansive compared to the NES original.

Though the clap beats at the base of the mix could have varied up more when they were in effect, the overall development of the track was very good throughout. Lots of instrumental changes, along with plenty of addition and subtraction on that level as well to constantly keep ideas flowing and the presentation fresh.

The minimalist work from 3:03-3:29 was one late example of how Star kept the rearrangement ideas here viable for 5+ minutes. 3:29-3:55 also had some freestyle-type work that was later placed underneath the Moon theme for yet another new idea introduced late in the game. Overall, how you gonna hate on this? Good progression, good flow, good arrangement. Happy ©Hannukah, Star!

YES

the eq is a bit off, there's a thin boost in the highend that doesn't sound quite right.

ick, the melodic variation around 2.40 is awkward at best.

the quasi-orchestral and dance components that make up this tune... by themselves are pretty uncreative and uninteresting.

but maybe that's the point, because the juxtaposition of these elements gives this remix a good amount of contrast.

it's gimmicky, but it works.

yes

This is direct post material in my opinion.

A classic example how to do clean, varied electronica and incorporate more organic textures in the mix. Typical Starblast production quality. I agree about the odd EQ, but it's not as distracting as other would have you believe. ;)

Not as dense as it could be rhythmically, a little more percussion could have filled in a little space in some of the more sparse areas.

GJGJGJGJ GL GG HF OMGLOLO!L!~

\/ - /

| |- \

| |_ /