OCR00432 - Mega Man 3 "Registration 4"

Ginnsu

Mega Man 3 'Registration 4'

There’s a quiet static sound following the background in this mix that sounds like it’s really not supposed to be there, and it just feels like it requires more to it then just organ and drums. I'll say that this is very nice organ music though, and if I were to hear it in a department store I certainly wouldn't complain. Might even dance.... if I could.

• 2 months later...

Ok, no one's gonna read this anyway, but I have to explain something. Mike McGann is known on the boards as "Hosehead" and I'm pretty sure that's how this particular number is supposed to be credited, though he may have just said to go with his real name. Anyway, I laughed when I saw this on the site. Mike was so excited about getting this new retro electro-organ for like $20 or something. It was just so cheesy that he had to buy it. Granted now he practices his piano skills on it. But after figuring out how to use accompaniaments, program chord progressions and play over top of them, saving them to a disc or tape or stone tablet, I'm not sure which, THIS came out. I laugh because it's novel, and I don't think that when Mike originally did it, that he had any intention of it showing up on the front page of Overclocked remix. But still, though he hides it, he's got musician in him. Here's the evidence. No tracking, no piano roll, no staff view. Impressive. Most impressive.

DC

Edit: I don't know how many of you have played "Sam 'N' Max Hit the Road" (and if you haven't, do so.) but this song reminds me of being in Snuckey's. If you've played it, you'll know what I'm talking about.

• 3 months later...

A grooo~oooovy shot at remixing a MegaMan tune McGann-style. Its short, its sweet, and its definitely not getting as much attention as it deserves, so I hope those that didn't listen to this by now will do themselves a favour and try it out.

I want my sequel!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

This is some real groovy stuff. I cannot decide if this is blues or jazz, but than organ sounds so good. It gets some help from a bass and some silent marackas in the back, but mostly it's the organ doing its thing. And it works remarkably well, and it can't really hurt to download it since it's only on 1.2 MB.

Come to think of it, my family has an organ, I must go check it out. Nice stuff McGrann.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Cute intermission music. You can tell this is really casual and fun, and it makes it stronger as a result. A little too short i'd say, but it's enjoyable to listen to. :)

Ha, now that I've read that, I can't get it out of my head. Perfect for an intermission!

Fade-out's kinda meh, wish there was a real ending on there. Other than that, cute little mix!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just because I realized I should probably give props to one of my favorite mixes, I'd like to say that despite the simplicity of this mix, it is hands down one of my favorites overall. I almost wish it had gone a little further, it seems the way it was fading out it could have lasted a little longer, but what the hell, it's still a lot of fun to listen to (and I generally have to listen to it twice anyway!).

• 6 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00432 - Mega Man 3 "Registration 4"