Steam Holiday Sale

Dhsu

Both Mass Effect games are brilliant and worth playing. You can play the second one without playing the first one, but it's so much more fulfilling to play both.

If you do plan on playing the first one, play it first before you play the second one, because they made so many interface improvements in Mass Effect 2 that it's hard to go back and play Mass Effect once you've gotten used to how everything works.

Bottom line: ME is very good, ME2 is way way better. Both are worth playing. Play ME first.

I picked up Wings of Prey because it was cheap, and it's actually an AWESOME game. Maybe it's because I haven't been keeping up much with recent flight sims but it just 'feels' really good, as long as you at least have a controller or preferrably a joystick. The difficulty settings vary between 'arcade' and 'simulation', the latter of which is actually pretty damn hardcore/realistic.

Looks like Amazon decided to grace us PC gamers with a digital download sale for once. Click here for all the deals.

Notable games on sale include The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for $5 for those that missed it on Steam a couple days ago. GTA4 and Episodes From Liberty City are $5 and $7.50. Note that EFLC is cheaper on Amazon during this sale than it was in the six-pack Thanksgiving sale from Valve. Also Mafia II for $12.50 and Bioshock 2 for $5.

Looks like Amazon decided to grace us PC gamers with a digital download sale for once. Click here for all the deals.

Notable games on sale include The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for $5 for those that missed it on Steam a couple days ago. GTA4 and Episodes From Liberty City are $5 and $7.50. Note that EFLC is cheaper on Amazon during this sale than it was in the six-pack Thanksgiving sale from Valve. Also Mafia II for $12.50 and Bioshock 2 for $5.

I saw that. I'm so tempted to get GTA IV, but with a Pentium 4 (3GHz HT) and a 7800GS Overclocked (AGP), I'm honestly not sure the game would run with a playable framerate on even the lowest settings looking at the system requirements.

I saw that. I'm so tempted to get GTA IV, but with a Pentium 4 (3GHz HT) and a 7800GS Overclocked (AGP), I'm honestly not sure the game would run with a playable framerate on even the lowest settings looking at the system requirements.

I'd err on the side of caution in this case. I heard GTA IV is pretty notorious for being a poorly optimized port.

Was it here that someone mentioned wanting Sam and Max games?

While it's not on Steam, TellTale Games has a half-off sale on most of their products. While it doesn't include the TellTale Holiday pack (which, strangely, is a different pack than the one of the same name on Steam), it does include the Sam and Max Collection, which will go down to $24.98 when you put it in your cart.

craaaap

valve put darksiders on sale AGAIN so it's just sittin' there, starin' me in the face, DARIN' me to buy it

borderlands wants my attention too but it's not down to TEN FREAKING DOLLARS man what game isn't worth 10 bucks!

EDIT: Alternatively, is borderlands one of those games where you don't really need the DLC to have fun, in which case, it IS only $10? Please answer no to this question. For my bank account's sake.

EDIT: Alternatively, is borderlands one of those games where you don't really need the DLC to have fun, in which case, it IS only $10? Please answer no to this question. For my bank account's sake.

No. Most of the DLC isn't as good as the original game. It's not bad, but outside of the zombie one, the rest never struck me as "OMG GOTTA HAZ IT!" material.