Steam Holiday Sale

Dhsu

Well see quake 1 and 2 used redbook audio (meaning steamed the music from CD). I'm pretty sure it's not copyright issues, but instead an issue of reprogramming some stuff, but really that's just plain lazy.

Are you sure that the audio isn't there? I'm installing my copy right now just to check if it's in there somewhere

dang, it's really not there

Picked up Singularity on a whim and...HOLY CRAP it's good. It looks great, runs surprisingly well on my otherwise mediocre rig, and feels like Bioshock with a lot of time-travel shenanigans. Recommended.

Oh wait, that game's Singularity? I'd heard of it before, but didn't realize it was called Singularity.

I'm actually right there too as far as being intrigued by Singularity, I'm a little surprised I'd never heard of it before, but I can't see myself buying it even on sale for its current price. For 5 bucks on the other hand? Well, that would probably have worked, but that's not the case yet... maybe next year!.

Really does look like a cool game though, and being developed by Raven Software, I almost want to impulse buy it.

Based purely on the fanfare it got here on these very forums, I figured $2.50 for Shatter wouldn't kill me. Of course, I still have to actually play it to know if I actually enjoy it and all, but that can wait right?

It seems stocking up on steam games during the christmas sales is going to be the way to go for the foreseeable future!

I only buy stuff from steam when it is on sale. I waited a whole year to get the Price of Persia games on sale. Sure enough, this year they were on sale, so I bought them. If I miss out on anything this year, I will merely wait till next year to get them on sale again, maybe even cheaper. I'm hoping Rocket Knight goes more on sale, though I suspect it wont, so I'll probably be buying that one on January 2nd.

Additionally, I recommend picking up The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom. If you liked Braid, then this should be worth your $0.50. I beat it in a single sitting, so don't expect any more than half a dollar's worth of game play though.

VVVVVV is also a real winner if your a fan of 2D platforming. It was worth $5, so it should definitely be worth $2.50.

I only buy stuff from steam when it is on sale. I waited a whole year to get the Price of Persia games on sale. Sure enough, this year they were on sale, so I bought them. If I miss out on anything this year, I will merely wait till next year to get them on sale again, maybe even cheaper. I'm hoping Rocket Knight goes more on sale, though I suspect it wont, so I'll probably be buying that one on January 2nd.

Additionally, I recommend picking up The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom. If you liked Braid, then this should be worth your $0.50. I beat it in a single sitting, so don't expect any more than half a dollar's worth of game play though.

VVVVVV is also a real winner if your a fan of 2D platforming. It was worth $5, so it should definitely be worth $2.50.

I'm the same way man. I don't work yet so I'm so money conscience that I will not buy games until years later when they're 1/3 of their original price.