Live Performers offer and request thread

Hello there, I play the Cello.

The only example of my Cello playing would be on VGmix and I'm not sure if it's still up. And plus, I don't have a good mic at the moment, but I may be able to siphon some stuff from University next year.

but I play the Cello...I did Grade 4 but apparently everybody says I'm much better than that. Apparently.

-AND ALSO-

If you're a good pianist and you're lookin for a piece to play, let me know! I almost always need someone to play a piano arrangement of mine...

I'm re-working a recently rejected mix(here) and am looking for someone to do the guitar live. AIM works best for me with regards to working things out. I should also note that there's one chord that's not really possible on a normally tuned guitar; in fact, the low note of it is a Bb I think, and I don't think detuning the strings is gonna work for it. Anyway, so if anyone wants to help with this, you know where to reach me.

Yo, I've been playing piano for about 11 1/2 years. I was trained in classical up until a year or two ago, but I dabble in things like rock, jazz, video game music, more contemporary stuff, etc. I can play by ear pretty well.

I have a pretty decent recording setup now. M-Audio Delta 66 i/o box, Alesis 12 channel mixer, two M-Audio Solaris condenser mics, and a medium grand Baldwin piano.

If you wanna hear some of my playing, you can go here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/mikuonpianomusic.htm

I haven't really recorded/uploaded much in the way of technically difficult stuff up there, but the most recently uploaded track there (Reminiscence, new stereo recording) is a decent representation of the sound quality of recordings I'm capable of currently (aside from the clipping).

EDIT: I just recorded and added Fantasie Impromptu to my soundclick page. It's far from the best performance that's ever been done of it... but well that's me for you. ^^

GAH, just heard some sort of loud pop at 3:16. I've no idea how that got there or what caused it. Didn't hear it while recording... aw well. I'm not putting that recording on a CD or anything.

Can't say I'm proficient in every style of playing, but if you need my help I'll do my best.

EDIT: Just noticed, Silverwolf, on your soundclick site, it says "Prelude in Eb" but isn't it E?

P.S. Nice playing. I like that piece. ^_^ Although the fade-out at the end was kinda a let down. =(

Yo, I've been playing piano for about 11 1/2 years. I was trained in classical up until a year or two ago, but I dabble in things like rock, jazz, video game music, more contemporary stuff, etc. I can play by ear pretty well.

I have a pretty decent recording setup now. M-Audio Delta 66 i/o box, Alesis 12 channel mixer, two M-Audio Solaris condenser mics, and a medium grand Baldwin piano.

If you wanna hear some of my playing, you can go here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/mikuonpianomusic.htm

I haven't really recorded/uploaded much in the way of technically difficult stuff up there, but the most recently uploaded track there (Reminiscence, new stereo recording) is a decent representation of the sound quality of recordings I'm capable of currently (aside from the clipping).

Can't say I'm proficient in every style of playing, but if you need my help I'll do my best.

EDIT: Just noticed, Silverwolf, on your soundclick site, it says "Prelude in Eb" but isn't it E?

P.S. Nice playing. I like that piece. ^_^ Although the fade-out at the end was kinda a let down. =(

We might need someone else to perform tracks for the FFT Piano Collections Project(in the Site Projects forum). bladiator's going to take care of quite a few but if we had a second to balance out the workload, it'd be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I sing. I can cover pretty much the normal male range (I'm a high baritone who has sung both bass and tenor on many occasions, cause they were needed). Apparently I'm relatively good at it, too, as I've gotten into various regional (and in one case, state) audition-only choral groups over the years. Don't know much at all about processing, though, so I would just record a raw wav file and send it along for mixing and mastering. I think I can at least manage to get my crappy mic to avoid bugging out long enough to record a song if someone asked ;).

Everybody, I think as well as listing what you have to offer as far as performance, you should also list what you have available as far as gear, because unfortunately, that's sometimes just as important. If you're the best singer/guitarist/saxist/whatever in the world, it's still useless to the rest of us unless we know you can get a quality recording of it. Demos are also a good idea, if possible.

I MIGHT be interested in getting someone who can do a laid back jazz improv solo and is able to record well.

No trumpets because if I have a trumpet part in the song I'll play it my damn self. Any other (jazz) instrument I might be interested in. email/pm/aim me. Have samples and whatnot. This is just a quick idea at this point, and I'm just gauging if there is interest.

Hey,

I play piano. Have a real one, or a keyboard that I have hooked up to my laptop with some notation software. I can play basically anything you can get onto sheet music for me. I can also spice MIDI files up a bit with the notation software. BTW, the keyboard supports multiple instruments, so hopefully that will help. Just holler if I can be of service... People are generous by helping me out with starting to remix, so I would like to contribute somewhere as well.

Caleb

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any live drummers here who have their own drumsets and decent recording equipment? I'm looking for one for a mix that I'm going to do. I play guitar and the mix is basically gonna be a hard rock version. Proficienty in bass pedal speed would be a definite plus.

Or if not that, anyone have access to really good drum samples? That would be fine as well.

PM if you're interested.

I am looking for a female vocalist, with access to a microphone, asap. Leave a message on my AIM or PM me, please. Thanks.

HA! So's everyone else with ears and a penis.

On the topic of female vocalists I have this to say, get a good mike yourself (if you don't already have one) and go to a nearby college campus or something advertising that you'll pay/hold auditions... there's lots of girls that want to sing *cough-american idol-cough*.

I've got a request though, and I think some people might be able to meet it; can anyone play some soft sexy muted trumpet? Not the kind with the buzz, but the muzak kind.

After much positive feedback on Streets of Tracheon, I've decided the next place to go is a live version. Bladiator's going to do the piano part first, and then from there I'll get the other parts(since the piano part pretty much remains constant, it'd be something for the other instrumentalists to play along with and be able to stay synched up).

I haven't finished making sheets yet, but here's the complete list:

Complete Sheet Music(21 pages)

Piano Sheets(3 pages)

Guitar Sheets(2 pages)

Oboe

Flute

Violin

Low String instrument("Bass" on complete sheets)

Right now I need an acoustic guitarist to do the guitar part, since the piano part's probably going to be ready either within a few minutes or a couple of weeks. But there's some pretty fast 16th-note runs there so you might want to practice first.

After that I'd need people to do the winds and strings. I can probably take a replacement or two, although the flute's pretty much a given that I'll need one.

A few notes on the song:

-The song's actually 106 bpm, not 110(at least the mp3 version is). Blad's gonna play at 106, so we'll go with that.

-The ending is a little messed up on the sheets, basically it slows to about 80, although once again I changed that in the mp3. Like I said, it's up to how Bladiator interprets it.

-It's about 4:15-4:30, note the repeat back to measure 13.

Anyway, I appreciate any help I get in advance, I just love this song to death and can't wait to hear the live version when it's done(and I'm sure a few other people do too).

EDIT: Ok, the piano part's ready. http://www.lggaming.com/user/xerol/escape is where the file is, and where I'm going to put the individual track files as I get them in.

I MIGHT be interested in getting someone who can do a laid back jazz improv solo and is able to record well.

No trumpets because if I have a trumpet part in the song I'll play it my damn self. Any other (jazz) instrument I might be interested in. email/pm/aim me. Have samples and whatnot. This is just a quick idea at this point, and I'm just gauging if there is interest.

i'd be willing to lend some jazz guitar if/when i get a chance (kinda busy with school at the moment)

After much positive feedback on Streets of Tracheon, I've decided the next place to go is a live version. Bladiator's going to do the piano part first, and then from there I'll get the other parts(since the piano part pretty much remains constant, it'd be something for the other instrumentalists to play along with and be able to stay synched up).

I haven't finished making sheets yet, but here's the complete list:

Complete Sheet Music(21 pages)

Piano Sheets(3 pages)

Guitar Sheets(2 pages)

Oboe

Flute

Violin

Low String instrument("Bass" on complete sheets)

Right now I need an acoustic guitarist to do the guitar part, since the piano part's probably going to be ready either within a few minutes or a couple of weeks. But there's some pretty fast 16th-note runs there so you might want to practice first.

After that I'd need people to do the winds and strings. I can probably take a replacement or two, although the flute's pretty much a given that I'll need one.

A few notes on the song:

-The song's actually 106 bpm, not 110(at least the mp3 version is). Blad's gonna play at 106, so we'll go with that.

-The ending is a little messed up on the sheets, basically it slows to about 80, although once again I changed that in the mp3. Like I said, it's up to how Bladiator interprets it.

-It's about 4:15-4:30, note the repeat back to measure 13.

Anyway, I appreciate any help I get in advance, I just love this song to death and can't wait to hear the live version when it's done(and I'm sure a few other people do too).

EDIT: Ok, the piano part's ready. http://www.lggaming.com/user/xerol/escape is where the file is, and where I'm going to put the individual track files as I get them in.

I wouldn't mind doing acoustic for that, though I can't read sheet music. I can learn it by ear. And yes I do have access to acoustic guitars, a few in fact. Real good ones too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya.

I'm in need of good rock/funkmetal singer.

You know Rage Against the Machine? Good. There's

my goal :wink:

I'm making this Tekken 3 remix of

Jin Kazama's theme, and I think

it would sound great with vocals.

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=53136

I have this kind of idea:

at 0:15, when the drums kick in, there could be

some kind of "yee-OH!" kind of scream,

"Heey!" scream at 0:24 when the bass kicks in,

some whispering thingies in the quiet part at

0:32 and finally, the first verse at 0:40.

Then, after it, the main riff repeats at 0:57,

and there would be some "hell yeah!" "yeaaaah!"

kind of screams. Think you can handle it?

Then you're my man :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I'm just posting to offer my services as a vocalist. I'm mostly interested in rock remixes, but can handle other projects as well. I can change my voice to suit a number of different styles, and my range isn't too bad either. If I like what you're doing, and you like what I'm doing, cool. I consider myself available to audition. Basically, I'm not asking anyone to commit themselves to using my vocals when you show me your work until you decide if I'm absolutely right for your project. I usually create an initial scratch track so you can get an idea of what I would sound like on top of your music.

FYI, I can offer clean, dry audio files of my voice when requested so that you can do all the mixing yourself, or leave the vocal processing up to me. Your choice.

I record using a very nice mic (Shure KSM44) running through a pre-amp and dbx compressor/limiter/gate, then into Sonar 5.2 PE for tracking.

Take a listen to a few examples of my vocal work and see what you think for yourself...

1. Star Ocean - "Summertime"

2. "Delicious" (original)

3. Tales of Phantasia - "Beyond Absentminded"

I'll try and add more samples as soon as I have anything new to offer.

Hi, i'm desperately seeking a vocalist, male or female, to provide the vocal tracks for my latest WIP - an 80's pop remix of the theme to the Sega CD game 'Road Avenger'...

Here's the link to the WIP:)

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=3615

the source tune is also available at the link listed above; as is the lyrics to my mix... the source contains vocals, and the lyrics i have re-written fit in almost exactly with those in the source tune, so learning the lyrics should be very easy.

If you are interested, send me a message, or email me at

akumajobelmont@yahoo.com.au

Thanks

Robbie.