OCR01278 - Super Street Fighter II "Fei Longer"

djpretzel

I thought this was a bit out there compared to some of Star's other works. I think it's hard to judge this since his mixes tend to be more eccentric to start with. The only parts that I found where above the line were near 3:00 when the music started really surronding the person and a few of the transitions. Not bad at all, but I wish it had been more constant in some parts. ((PS, I loved the game sounds, EXCELLENT AS WELL))

Its not up the the same awsomness level as some of stars other works. Star is sort of hit and miss with electronic music. Some of them are the best electronic remixes ever made, some suck. This one didnt hold my interest as much as some of his other works. Sort of average stuff for him. THe game sound effects where a little distracting.

Good to see this on OCR. Funny thing, thanksgiving weekend, star snuck into #ocr pretending to be a noob and asking people about remixing. Good times for everyone, but when he was unveiled and semi serious conversation happened (as best as you can get with Star) he wondered what the status of his submitted mixes were, this one included. Having gotten this mix from VG a bit back, I was hoping that it would show up on OCR soon, and now it's here.

Good stuff from Star. I'm a big fan of his vocal mixes, and his instrumental stuff doesnt fail to deliver either. A grooving track, with some interesting things going on. Not star's best, but still a good listen on repeat.

Looking forward to more Salzman. Hopefully, perhaps...the CT Hourglass remix? :)

Wow, definatly check this one out!

Great use of pan, slicing, dicing, gating all these great effects

Nice solid, hard bassline then great drums added

But the ending, the voice sounds outa time, its not echo-ing at the right time

This song reminds me alot of Infected Mushroom - Sailing in the Sea of Mushroom, especially the synth which first comes in at 0:16

Nice work, Starz!!

This is one hell of an awesome remix. I've been listening to it for a couple of months, and you really have to play it for a while before you can start to grasp the subtleties in the work. At first I thought it was just another average remix, but when you actually pay close attention, you can tell that star (aka THE MAN) has really taken all of Tekken's musical motifs and incorporated them brilliantly in what I think is one of the crappiest songs from the entire street fighter 2 series. (Fei long stage music sucks, (GO Sagat, it's your birthday)). Anyways, to all Star's detractors, all I can say is, you wish j00 had star's skittlez.

I liked this song in it's original form, I also like Star's work. So when I saw this, I downloaded it immediately. It's good stuff.

[dorkism]Also, I can't help but think that the end of this song is a homeage to the SFII Animated Movie. The "Shouryuken" and Fei Long KO cry clips is what I mean. Although in the movie, it was the hurricane kick that beat Fei Long... [/dorkism]

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01278 - Super Street Fighter II "Fei Longer"