OCR01279 - Lords of the Realm II "The Siege of Kenilworth Castle"

djpretzel

this was and still is one of my favorite PC games ever. I brought it to college with me and I still play it about once a week, if not more. Simpler than Civilization games, yet so fun. This mix is wonderful and brings back so many awesome memories of hours lost trying to take down the feisty Baron, Knight, Bishop, and Countess. Damn, I hate that Countess.

• 1 year later...

Review 12/1522

Work that Orchestra, work it good; this remix is so darn well done in its faced paced, adventurous tone. Loads of nice low battle drums in there make me want to get on out there and take down some castles. If you love nods to the medieval, this mix is for you.

Score 10/10 "Wench Owning"

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

As a fan of Lord of the Realms II and PC games, i enjoy listening to a remix that actually does a great job to help me 'relive' the moments I had in my childhood playing this game. I don't see many faults in this mix and you have done an amazing job to bring out the best in this game.

• 3 months later...

Once again Protricity shows the world that he has the perfect ear for arranging. Although I'm no fan of the anything but convincing orchestral samples used here, that is made totally inconsequential when the way they are so effortlessly maximised.

Things glide along real slickly, though people might have reservations about the pacing. I liked the presentation, and see it as more of a series of movements in a full piece. With that in mind, it definately delivers a lot of punch with a little poignancy.

It does sound mechanical at times and would have benefited from a more humanised set of samples, but this mix reaches such a level of awesomeness that what it could of been no longer matters to me. I just thank the gods it's here at all. And Protricity, of course.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01279 - Lords of the Realm II "The Siege of Kenilworth Castle"