OCR01280 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV "Waste Water Wipeout"

djpretzel

Awesome collab between two excellent electronic artists. This is sort of similar to AE's stuff with lots of tempo changes and ideas in the arrangement, except a lot louder, which in this case is a good thing, and a helluva lot more funkier (no offense to AE's songs though). "Wicked" work!

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, if I listen this remix and bet the guy who made it, I didn't lose. We can smell Tefnek miles away. I can turn on my mental mp3 player and listen Airborne anywhere, anytime. :lol:

And when both of you will team up again? We are waiting. :D

Ok, about the music:

After the remix process, yet seems a TMNT track, very, very, very improved, of course.

The nostalgia break 2:40 could last a little longer with some others things happening.

• 1 month later...

Incredible. One of my favorite electronic songs to listen to ever, not just on OCR. It never gets dull--not for a second. And everybody loves the chiptune break at 2:40, and rightfully so, but my fave is right after that: from 2:55 to 3:30 kicks more ass than...your mom...or something that kicks lots of ass. The organs at the end seem *slightly* out of place, but they do add a little jazzy, funky flavor for the climax.

The synth work is very impressive. Grade A.

I too am baffled at the seamlessness of this collab. Excellent work all around, guys.

9.9999999999/10

Ah what the hell, 10.-00000000001/10!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

TMNT4 had, IMO, one of the best soundtracks of the SNES era, and we definitely need more ReMixes (Alleycat Blues anyone?). After listening to this version, I just had to listen to the whole soundtrack again (spc files ftw).

About this ReMix: I really like what you guys made of it. The original tune is incorporated very nicely. I like it how it breaks down a little after the 8-Bit part, picks up some speed, then becomes rather quiet, before it explodes again, getting even better at 3:57.

Gimme more of dat!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I like this remix alot, even though I haven't heard the source material. And if you're like me and like to mess with music with some simple plug-ins, then you'll love messing with this song with Chronotron.

This song sounds best, and gets a good lengthening when set at roughly 3/4 of it's original tempo and key, roughly 70.7% and -600 cents.

That also allows you to hear all the fun things they did in this mix.

Kudos to you!

• 2 months later...
TMNT4 had, IMO, one of the best soundtracks of the SNES era, and we definitely need more ReMixes (Alleycat Blues anyone?). After listening to this version, I just had to listen to the whole soundtrack again (spc files ftw).

About this ReMix: I really like what you guys made of it. The original tune is incorporated very nicely. I like it how it breaks down a little after the 8-Bit part, picks up some speed, then becomes rather quiet, before it explodes again, getting even better at 3:57.

Gimme more of dat!

Absolutely agree. Can't say better.. :)

Thank you guys for this fantastic remix! Hope there will be more.. :)

• 2 years later...

NICE. I think the best thing about this mix is that it waits until we are really in the thick of everything going on before it reveals its hand, and then continues to layer surprises on top of that. Never boring for a millisecond.

I've been completely ignorant of the TMNT soundtracks my whole life, as I've never been a Turtles fan (blasphemy?), but I'm very happy that there is an community set up with the goal to get me to appreciate it against all odds. This is some really great stuff.

This mix is a big deal. For the site, and in general.

• 9 months later...

My main complaint against this is that the melody isn't to prominent; it feels buried deep in the mix.

Also, while this is what I would describe as a narrow sounding mix, an impressive amount of stuff happens in there, and that's really, really cool. :shock:

It's really interesting to here all the variations possible within a given set of limitations. It makes for a rare and interesting listen.

Ultimately, I really like this mix a lot.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Oh, yeah, I can hear tefnek and Zircon's stuff in here for sure. This is just one of those tracks where the styles blend together. Amazingly well played off each other. The 8-bit part had to be my favorite. Good track built from TMNT's best game!

• 4 years later...

I had to write my thoughts for this track, since I've consumed it beyond counting by now and it's well-deserved. This is my favorite track in all of OCR, and IMO one of the greatest pieces of music I've listened. That's a powerful statement, and I say it having listened to a lot of music.

I think most remixes are quick to dive into the main tune that they're mixing, but this track ambitiously takes its time, and pulls it off well. The main theme doesn't even start until about a 1:45 in, after they're done perfecting an intense intro with wicked drumming. At that point when the actual tune becomes transparent in the track, I was already obsessed. I didn't think it could get any better until they return to the softer tune around 3:00. It just couldn't get any better, I don't know if I've heard anything else that satisfies my ears in just the right way at the right time; this does it. I think it's a perfect blend of instruments, tunes, masterful timing, and nostalgia.

I still get blown away by the delivery of this remix, when I blast it in my car or apartment. I just can't believe how this was made in 2004 and I missed it all these years. Major props to Zircon and Tefnek.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01280 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV "Waste Water Wipeout"