Experience with Komplete Elements?

AMT

I'm going to start composing for small game projects. Right now most of the music I make is guitar / synth driven and I'm content with the equipment and software I have for that. However, I'd like to branch out to other styles and have some versatility, so I'm looking at entry level sample libraries. How would Komplete Elements fare for this kind of thing? Is there enough variety to get used to working with other instrumentation / styles, or is it too limiting? Any recommendations for alternatives? Thanks!

for under 100$, i don't think you'll honestly find a better bang-for-the-buck package than elements...

even if you only end up using and enjoying 1/10th of what's in it, you'll have a much greater appreciation for what you'll want to invest in for the future, and that has value in itself

Just thought I'd follow up here. I bought it and got Sax & Brass with the included $60 credit. The amount of content in this package is amazing; I have more than enough to get started with sample-based composition and it's going to take me a long time to sort through everything it came with. I can't even imagine how much it would have been if I got Komplete. My only gripe is that the included strings are a little more limiting than I was expecting, but still way better than any free options I've found. If I were to recommend the best set of starting software for music, I'd say get Elements and then use the included voucher towards the strings pack. I went with Sax & Brass because I have access to a viola / violin player, but if I didn't I would definitely go with the strings expansion. Quality stuff all around!

Just thought I'd follow up here. I bought it and got Sax & Brass with the included $60 credit. The amount of content in this package is amazing; I have more than enough to get started with sample-based composition and it's going to take me a long time to sort through everything it came with. I can't even imagine how much it would have been if I got Komplete. My only gripe is that the included strings are a little more limiting than I was expecting, but still way better than any free options I've found.

Just a quick thing: the real Kontakt has a lot more options for strings.I'm actually surprised you got totally different patches as you told me, but the real library has 2 patches for each string instrument: one for solo, and one for ensembles. There's also nice legato patches for some in the Legacy section, which you also don't have.

If you were to get Session Strings, it would've been a different thing entirely, because Session Strings is a sample library that's not from Vienna Symphonic.

Just a quick thing: the real Kontakt has a lot more options for strings.I'm actually surprised you got totally different patches as you told me, but the real library has 2 patches for each string instrument: one for solo, and one for ensembles. There's also nice legato patches for some in the Legacy section, which you also don't have.

If you were to get Session Strings, it would've been a different thing entirely, because Session Strings is a sample library that's not from Vienna Symphonic.

Right, everything I said was specifically in reference to Komplete Elements, not Kontact or Komplete.