Harmony of a Hunter - The Metroid 25th Anniversary album

Darren1986

The Metroid Prime series seemed to revolve quite a bit around artifacts, including the Chozo Ruins. However, as a whole, it doesn't exactly resemble the Metroid series as a whole (Fusion and Other M being the problem...)

The Coming Sun is from Metroid Prime 3's Bryyo lore. But yes, I agree it doesn't exactly fit, and it's very obscure. I just thought the name was poetic.

I like the Chronicles of a Galactic Warrior... it's a little... blunt? But it's a good description of what we're doing. Out of all of the names so far, that's my favourite.

I've tried not to turn anyone down from wanting to provide a track on the album and so far i've been amazed at what can be achieved with a bit of flexibility and giving the artist plenty of freedom with what they want to do. There has been an excellent turnout and I truly hope you'll all work with me to get this album finished in time for the anniversary. I'm not too worried yet but as each month goes by I feel even more uneasy :P

In regards to you rexxz the quality of your music is superb and if you're really serious about providing a track(s) to the album then that's great! We shall discuss it further and see what you can offer :)

So for all intentions and purposes, Samus vs. Rundas is complete! I'm just waiting on hearing the final bit of critique from my friends (who, unfortunately, are REALLY busy at the moment). Otherwise, unless Darren says otherwise, I give it the Green Light. :grin:

This is acceptable XD Great job Mr Plane...now go fly off and provide that other awesome track you're working on! D:

I am delighted to announce that Zircon & Pixietricks will be covering Tallon Overworld 2. I am absolutely thrilled to have them both on board. I have been a huge fan of Jill for a while so I know that her vocals talent is going to be an asset to this album. Zircon has always provided a high standard of music and the two of them work together exceptionally well and will make this album so very special indeed. The track they're covering is probably one of the most memorable themes from Metroid Prime and a personal favourite of mine. We're very lucky to have them and I look forward to hearing what they have planned.

I also want to take the opportunity to say that we have received our ninth completed track and everything seems to be progressing along rather well. I truly believe we're going to have something remarkable to mark Metroid's 25th Anniversary.

This is gonna be awesome. Tallon Overworld 2 has a killer beat to start with some nice drops throughout. Zircon will own that groove. Combined with the beautiful melody line and Jillian's vocals, this is gonna be incredible.

Tell me about it! I just can't wait :) I'm a huge fan of them both! I hope this will encourage others to come on board too knowing that we have talent to support this and really make this album something spectacular.

• 2 weeks later...
It isn't an official remix album. I am happy you're excited for it...i'm quite happy with what we've got so far and I just hope that we can have a vast majority of these tracks done in time! :)

Do make sure ppl submit their mixes to ocr in time for there to be tracks from the album to be posted around the release. Even if it's not an ocr album, djp might wanna give it some attention with a mixpost or mixflood or something.

Final cutoff July 10th, hm...

So why not converting this inofficial album to an official album.

I guess the people participating in this project would love to (I'd love to see it become official) and the quality might also become very good for an OCR album. Beside the amount of tracks, which fill a 2 CD set.

Beside, it is Metroid's 25th anniversary. A good birthday present, if you ask me.

@Rozovian:

Good idea, regarding the amount of effort people put into their tracks it would be very nice if most tracks will be on OCR... If only I could pass the "NO" border. :<

My tracks might drop behind the quality of the more professional ones. *lol*

The thing is, there's a ton of albums yet to come on OCR and I would rather not wait a further few years for a release for a 25th anniversary album. Plus, this is featuring artists outside of OCR too.

If DJP wants to check over the quality of the album, I can submit him a copy of it before release once the album is complete. I guess this makes it even more vital that people get in their tracks before the 10th July.

So far so good though, I think we're doing fairly well, 12 completed tracks with many more close to completion. A big thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!

After some careful thought and listening to the opinions from people on and off the album i've come to a decision on the name of this album. It wasn't an easy task of coming up with a fitting title in the first place but I feel the majority of people came to a decision, a decision I myself support. The name of the album will be HARMONY OF A HUNTER. I shall be updating the topic name soon and this is how the project will be refereed to from now on. Thanks for all the suggestions and opinions, they were all noted.

• 3 weeks later...

Some exciting developments indeed! Though it's a shame to see no new posts since I last checked.

While I'm still working on the Metroid Prime Epilogue, I will be unable to work on anything for the next three weeks, as I'll be out of town. Also, I noticed a minor problem with Samus vs. Rundas (incorrect export option with one of my programs has mucked up the stereo balance). I will see if I can export a fixed version sometime this week.

Some exciting developments indeed! Though it's a shame to see no new posts since I last checked.

While I'm still working on the Metroid Prime Epilogue, I will be unable to work on anything for the next three weeks, as I'll be out of town. Also, I noticed a minor problem with Samus vs. Rundas (incorrect export option with one of my programs has mucked up the stereo balance). I will see if I can export a fixed version sometime this week.

Thanks for the update. Once we get the vital tracks completed we will be starting to close up the album and no more suggestions will be taken. We will also be looking at which tracks won't be making it as I very much doubt all of them will be on the album, so only the ones that are completed will be here. Please make sure you get the corrected WAV file to me before the 10th July.

• 2 weeks later...